SAFDA is comprised of expertise in Fashion Design, Fashion Awards, Fashion Promotion and Marketing, Clothing Manufacturing and development of the industry. All this expertise are specialised in specific areas of the business.
The agency began its activities in 1987 (trading as South African Fashion Designers Association), and today, with the direct professional involvement of Designer Sonwabile Ndamase, it is a source of our experience, and pride on a strength for pursuing expansions and investments into new, evolving and rewarding initiatives with future emerging designers. SAFDA's strive for success is our association with aspirant and young designers.
• Create partnerships with all stakeholders in the design industry, locally and internationally.
• Encourage the establishment of a distinctive South African design industry influenced by the cultures and lifestyles of South Africa .
• Maintain standards comparable to any internationally, through an environment of education, training and competitiveness.
• Influence international fashion trends by exhibiting internationally and incorporating the best of South African design in international markets.
• Act as an agent for South African fashion designers in the local and international design community