NUTGTWN is one of the biggest private sector unions in Nigeria affiliated to the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC). The principal objects of the Union as contained in the Union’s Constitution include:
- Unionisation of workers in the textile, garment and tailoring industries and any other worker or employee within the industry throughout the country who wishes to join the union and is acceptable by the union;
- Regulation of relations between workers and employers and between workers and workers;
- Establishment and maintenance of just and proper hour of work, rates of pay, and conditions of service.
- Encouragement and maintenance of a high standard of production in the establishment;
- Advancement of the education and training of workers.