Ruth Prowse School of Art (Graphic Design)
The Diploma in Graphic Design offers you a diverse practical and theoretical exposure to enable entry into the professional field of graphic design or illustration.
Diploma in Graphic Design- three-year diploma at NQF6 with 360 credits
SAQA Qualification ID No. 49863
You will acquire a wide variety of professional skills and a thorough knowledge of visual communication in order to produce an industry ready professional portfolio in your area of specialization.
The curriculum integrates a balanced approach towards both practice and theory within an intimate class environment. The program focuses on:
- Realisation of your full creative potential
- Design related computer technology and software
- Preparation to work as part of a team in a professional studio
- Skills to also become an independent entrepreneur
- Exposure to industry with opportunities to work shadow, engage in projects with real clients and freelance
- Production of a professional portfolio
Time management, meeting of deadlines and the ability to work under pressure are emphasized as being crucial to success within the industry. The Graphic Design programme instills a sound work ethic through professional practice and business management skills and also allows you to establish yourself as a successful, independent designer.