The American University in Cairo (Interior Design)
Candidates for the certificate must complete:
- Five core courses (including a final design project course)
- One elective course
Participants will be admitted based on instructor approval. The typical requirements for admission are a bachelor's degree in architecture or substantial professional experience in the domain of interior design. For more information on registration, email email@example.com or call 20.2.2615.4333.
Each course in this program focuses on a different aspect of the interior design process. The topics covered in the program include:
- Human factors: ambient environment and psychological effects
- Design for sensorial qualities
- History and theory of the interior
- Interior materials and finishing elements
- Design graphics, visualization, and presentation techniques
- Professional practice: creating an interior design project
- A design workshop where creative thinking and individual ideas are developed in a design studio
After completing the diploma participants should be able to:
- Understand the conceptual and design aspects of interior design.
- Integrate human and functional requirements into design decisions of interior spaces
- Understand aesthetic design criteria and space qualities that improve utilization of interior spaces
- Identify and proper use of interior design styles
- Understand the basis of finishing materials selection and components suitable for different interior applications and the associated implications
- Analyse existing interior spaces and be able to functionally and aesthetically improve their utilization
- Design simple interior spaces successfully
- Communicate and present effectively interior design projects
Courses consist of 45 hours, with sessions meeting on Saturdays.