Do you have an innovative idea to market coloured gemstones? This idea could stimulate domestic markets or access international markets? Then submit your ideas to the Inspire! Marketing Coloured Gemstones Pitch Competition and you could win $10,000 to bring your idea to life!
How does the Inspire! Marketing Coloured Gemstones Pitch Competition work?
- Open to all people who work on gemstones in East and Southern Africa
- Submit your ideas and short video to https://form.jotform.co/MEfDA/inspirepitch by Sunday June 23rd
- A panel of judges will chose the five best ideas/pitches
- The five best pitches will be announced on Monday July 1st
- Five finalists will be given training and guidance to develop an impactful pitch presentation
- The five finalists will be sponsored to come to Nairobi, Kenya and present their idea to a panel of judges on July 10th at the Pitch Night, Mayfair Southern Sun, Nairobi, Kenya
- At the Pitch Night - July 10th the judges will select one winner who will receive $10,000 to implement their idea
- The five finalists will also attend the East and Southern African Coloured Gemstones from mine to market – challenges and opportunities July 10th – 11th Nairobi, Kenya
This is a unique chance to attend the East and Southern African Coloured Gemstones – from mines to market – challenges and opportunities July 10th & 11th and pitch at the Inspire! Marketing Coloured Gemstones Pitch Night July 10th. These first of a kind, highly anticipated events will enable delegates to connect with an audience of current and future leaders in the coloured gemstone industry that are gemstone miners, gemmologists, investors, lapidarist, geologist, policy makers, mining engineers, women in mining, buyers, environmentalists, entrepreneurs, researchers and community development practitioners from Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Mozambique, Rwanda, Kenya, Namibia, Botswana, South Africa, Ethiopia, Madagascar, UK, Australia and USA.
Special thanks to our sponsors
- Gemfields for sponsoring the Pitch Prize of $10,000
- GIZ for sponsoring the Pitch Night
- Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) for sponsoring travel for the five pitch finalists