Trend Researcher & Graphic Designer
If you’re passionate about fashion, curious about the evolution of fashion trends and you have the ability to present your work creatively, then this job may be for you.
As a Trend Researcher/Graphic Designer your responsibilities will be the following:
- To work closely with the designers in conceptualizing print, embroidery & embellishment direction, as well as key items and commodity updates.
- To spend time on the internet researching the new season trends which comprises fashion research, download and compile the information across all brands.
- Interpreting catwalk and trade fair exhibition and present in a commercial fashion.
- Keep a close eye on the local completion and international retailers.
- To come up with new & innovative "home grown" product with strong emphasis on placement prints, embellishment, style updates etc
- To assist the designers with drawing up directional mood boards & commodity updates in sketch form
- To visually show buyers & designers styles in various colour options or show styles in CAD form with various styling options (briefed by the designer/buyer)
- To draw up the bought ranges in colour CAD form, for the buying team & TFGA team to use as a visual planning tool
- Ensure trend deliverables are managed in line with the design and merchandise calendars.
- Deliver credible and convincing trend and product boards for seasonal overviews, trend updates and design workshops.
- Must have a Diploma in either Fashion Design, Graphic Design or Textile Design
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience as a graphic designer/textile designer in the retail industry or buying environment
- A working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and In Design
- Must be able to use Free Hand/Corel Draw
- Must understand the process of panel printing, embroidery and continuous printing.
- Must be able to draw up garments on a computer
- Must have a good understanding of print and colour direction
- Must have experience on trend research and have the ability to interpret trends commercially and communicate it convincingly.
- The ability to deliver on time and be service orientated.
- Be ambitious, self-motivated and a team player
Preference will be given, but not limited to, candidates from designated groups in terms of the Employment Equity Act.