- Promotes/sells/secures orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
- Demonstrates products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
- Devise good promotional plans and marketing (Traditional & Social Media) strategies to establish a strong customer base and to effectively develop new prospects in particular target markets.
- Establishes, develops and maintains business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment to generate new business for the Company’s products/services.
- Makes telephone calls and in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of customer problems and complaints.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, accounting, logistics and technical service groups.
- Creates and manages a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profile, share and value opportunities.
- Identifies advantages and compares Company’s products/services.
- Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services on a weekly basis.
- Safeguards the Company’s assets and ensures adherence to and application of established policies.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
- Enthusiastically greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the Company’s merchandise by describing the merchandise and explaining its use and care of to customers.
- Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
- Bag or package purchases, and wrap gifts.
- Sell or arrange for delivery for merchandise.
- Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
- Answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Identify ways to personalize the experience of every customer, whenever possible.
- Always deal with the most difficult customers in a willing and professional manner.
- Ticket, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
- Clean shelves, counters, and tables.
- Inventory stock and requisition new stock.
- Estimate cost of repair or alteration of merchandise.
- Maintain the cash registers.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices.
- Compute sales prices, total purchases and receive and process cash, credit or mobile payment.
- Maintain records related to sales.
Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.