DTP / Fine Artist
Our design and marketing teams are at the heart of what we do. These creative visionaries bring products to life, inspire our customers and create clothing that embodies our high standards for luxury quality and fit. Our brand is known for its exquisite artwork and embellishments. Our teams strive to develop Kingsley Heath as the premier destination for fashion and lifestyle apparel women’s and men’s wear market.
Present us with sketches and designs that are the creative touches to each and every one of our pieces. This is a unique, amazing opportunity for you to add the central creative to our own brand.
We are looking for a passionate DTP/Fine Artist who is able to spearhead and advance the creative vision, with the aesthetic of our target customer in mind, season after season.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Add value to the briefs by offering what is requested and alternative designs options.
- Create advertising materials.
- Create exceptional artwork from the briefs and under direction from the head of Designer within the aesthetic of our brand and target customer
- Develop creative that has a thread to all the collection.
- Work collaboratively with product development, manufacturing and merchandising to pass requirements each season in the development process.
- Present the designs for sign off from the Head of Design and CEO.
- Involved in approving graphics and product packaging for the collection.
- Ability to manage multiple seasons at any given time and meeting deadlines.
- Values aligned.
- 1-3 years graphic designer/illustrator experience – ideally within the clothing or marketing industry.
- Fully competent in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop version CS6
- Able to do hand rendered artworks e.g. WACOM board, painting, sketching, drawing
- Photograph + deep etch & edit CADS
- Conceptualise print techniques e.g. understand appliqué, hand stitching, embellishment, printing (or interested in learning)
- Ability to Produce digital painting and drawing/design of artworks, labels; do photography of samples and ensuring that all artworks are interpreted correctly by our manufacturers.
- Knowledge in apparel print and embellishment applications.
- Articulate and concise in communicating vision and ideas.
- Excellent sense of style
- Comprehensive understanding of the target market’s aesthetic.
- Passion for fashion and ability to interpret current trends with regards to the brands aesthetic.
Send your photograph and CV (maximum 3 pages) to email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Kingsley Heath (Pty) Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.