Apparel Factory Manager
One of Ghana’s leading Apparel Manufacturing Companies in Accra requires a qualified person to fill the position of APPAREL FACTORY MANAGER
To Coordinate and Supervise the general Manufacturing, Purchasing, Distribution as well as operations of the entire organization.
Production Management Duties
- Manages team to meet calendar deadlines to ensure that products are delivered on time and within gross profit goals
- Responsible for meeting design, function and quality goals
- Manages the product creation process from design hand off to production
- Establishes strong working relationships with cross functional divisional teams to ensure product success
- Manages all direct reports and administrative responsibilities relating to direct reports, demonstrating servant leadership
- Leads product development team through the execution of the company’s sourcing strategy
- Ensures that all products are engineered in accordance with cost targets
- Manages and resolves any quality issues at pre and post production
- Manages departmental budget in accordance with company financial plan
- Manage the development of calendar and ensures that the product team meets required deadlines with accuracy and efficiency
- Ensures that employee grievances are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Works to establish management practices throughout assigned areas which include all employee positive involvement with opportunity for constructive input and action.
- Collaborates with HR and Technical Assistant Manager continually to improve safety record by addressing both physical safety issues and employee safety attitudes
- Maintains and improves tidiness in all areas of the organization.
- Constantly evaluates and supports evolution of the product development process through education of development team and process change
- Ensures realization of targets of the organization
- Ensures staff accountability through effective planning and reporting as required by the organization
- Motivates team members to deliver on set targets
- Administers discipline, when necessary
Required Skills Or Experience
- HND in Textile, Fashion Merchandising, Operations or its equivalent
- 4 years post qualification experience with 2 years leadership experience in product development, design or production in garment manufacturing
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to provide leadership, supervision and direction to peers in apparel development
- Experience in managing product gross margin and operating expense
- Strong quantitative skills
- Working knowledge of computers with experience in use of Word, Excel, Outlook,
- Age: 35yrs and above