Zando was founded by Rocket Internet AG in 2012 and since then has grown exponentially to become South Africa’s biggest online fashion store. Zando’s holding company the Jumia Group is Africa’s leading digital player with more than 10 different market leading verticals in more than 20 countries. Our passion for customer experience, knowledge in eCommerce as well as our drive to innovate are the basis for our success that we share with investors such as MTN, Milicom, Goldman Sachs and Orange.
Rocket Internet AG is one of the most successful Internet incubators globally responsible for starting more than 100 market leading e-commerce companies. Comparable to Zalando in Europe, Zando is South Africa’s largest online retail fashion store with a Head Office based in Cape Town and warehouses in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg.
We are looking for a Web Designer to join our Design Team. We offer everyday use of modern development tools / frameworks with a high degree of freedom and autonomy that allows extensive professional growth within a dynamically growing E-commerce sector. You will work closely with our Dev as well as our Creative Team and will have the opportunity to create your own career path within a dynamic and passionate business.
Key Performance Areas And Responsibilities
- Designing beautiful UI for an awesome UX experience.
- Designing mobile and web-based solutions.
- HTML5, CSS, CSS3.
- Visual and graphic design.
- Wireframes and structures.
- Multimedia content.
- API’s and security principles.
- Constantly improving the process and performance of channels.
- Coordinating with Channel Manager and ensuring a full understanding of brief.
- Managing all communication regarding processes.
- Actively managing the integrity and quality of all creatives and concepts developed.
- Ensuring work is aligned with Zando brand.
- Project management, planning and communication.
Essential Skills, Behaviour And Knowledge Required
- Relevent degree / qualification in web / multi-media highly advantageous.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in web design.
- Web programming experience: HTML5, CSS, CSS3.
- Previous experience with GitHub highly advantageous.
- Experience in and passion for UI and UX.
- Adobe suite.
- Time and project management skills.
- Calm under pressure.
- Ability to live the Zando values:
- Delivering customer satisfaction.
- Leading completely.
- Going the extra mile.
- Being adventurous, open-minded and creative.
- Creating a fun positive team spirit.
- Embracing and driving change.
- A valid Green South African ID required.
- This position is in line with our company employment equity plan
- Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted