Superbalist.com is a fast-growing online fashion business based in South Africa. We’re obsessive about our high performance yet collaborative culture and are looking for leaders to join our team. We think big, move fast, take ownership and are used to winning. We’re lucky to be surrounded by colleagues who are experts in their field, working together to create a world-class brand.
We’re looking for people who:
- are decisive
- are continuously learning & improving
- think big
- are proactive
- obsess about the customer and the customer experience
- are accountable
- are trustworthy, approachable and open minded
- simplify processes and solve complexity
If that sounds exciting to you, then you may be right for Superbalist, and ready to help us build SA’s biggest and best fashion retailer.
Head of Content
The Fashion Director works closely with the Head of Content to continuously evolve, define and communicate the brand’s voice, identity and values ensuring Superbalist is relevant to 20 something Africans.
- Ensure all editorial support the broader business strategy and collaborate with design, buying and merchandising teams to effectively convert retail and trading messages into customer relevant, fashion credible campaigns/stories.
- Creating and managing the editorial output by delivering inspiring fashion content that taps into our customers’ needs, and reflects our brand DNA across all platforms including blog features, social, newsletters and site homepage/ department pages.
- Develop fashion content/feature types based on Abundance, Authority, Anticipation, Accessibility and roll out on various platforms.
- Continuously develop and communicate the editorial position and voice; work with other editors to bolster and unify the brand id on every platform.
- Support commercial strategy by creating editorial concepts for client briefs, as well as commissioning content if required.
- Develop and maintain high creative standards, brand guidelines, and critical paths.
- Understand what our competitors are doing (both in editorial and retail), and point out what we could do more of to engage with our audience, and broaden our reach.
- Utilise existing relationships and develop new ones with freelance stylists, photographers, artists to commission bespoke content that will inspire our audience and raise our fashion profile.
- Share an in-depth understanding with the rest of the team of who and what in fashion the Superbalist customer should care about.
- Conceptualise, style and provide art direction for lookbooks, campaigns, and other content requirements.
- Provide writing and editing support for ad hoc copy requests, for example, fashion campaigns, blog posts, email, etc.
- Working closely with the Editor to generate and refine content ideas across fashion, youth culture and entertainment, providing fashion expertise.
- Direct and quality management of photography, film, makeup, and styling.
- Review and approve all editorial images shot.
- Ability to follow briefs independently and manage the process to completion.
- Keep abreast of current fashion trends by attending designer showcases, shows, and other fashion events.
- Representing Superbalist as a key brand ambassador.
- Well connected within the world of fashion and culture.
- Identify trends and present findings/ seasonal report to editorial & buying teams.
- 5+ years experience as a fashion director.
- Experience in film, photography, styling direction.
- Solid art directing experience.
- Creative and strategic thinker, on trend with a passion for style.
- Understanding of current catwalk trends and how these relate to the Superbalist customer
- Genuine passion for youth culture including fashion, music, events, people.
- A solid understanding of online visual merchandising.
- Systems and process driven.
- Calm under pressure, natural leader.
- Driven and self-motivated.
- Must be able to lead a team, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Committed and reliable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
Superbalist is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities to apply for this role.