PR and Events Manager
pandora is currently seeking an ambitious and motivated pr and events manager for our office in Johannesburg. this is an exciting OPPORTUNITY to work for the branded manufacturer that delivers the most personal jewelry experience.
Pandora Emerging Market an exclusive Jewellery brand is currently looking to strengthen their business in Johannesburg with a PR & Events Manager.
- Develop and execute the annual PR, Sponsorship and Events strategy for South Africa in alignment with the budget and overall brand vision
- Work with the Marketing, Digital & Social teams to develop and support a comprehensive communications platform covering print (editorials, photo shoots & product placements), online articles, influencer campaigns and events
- Ensure strong use of PR in the overall brand building through strong media relations and events to build and develop the positive image of the brand in South Africa
- Implement and develop PANDORA concepts and messaging throughout South Africa with optimal PR activities
- Take ownership of development of influencers and bloggers to support the localization of the global communication plans, utilizing and monitoring a range of social media to maximise coverage
- Be aware of current fashion and media tends to optimize efforts across consumer groups
- Have a keen focus on the developments on the media landscape to adapt and optimize top-line media plans as well as PR activities
- Arrange media events and club member events
- Ensure smooth communication flow between South Africa and the Cluster Lead office in Dubai.
- Set clear KPIs to measure coverage, quality, and ROI by title to ensure positive progression is achieved.
- Directly responsible for all PR activities in South Africa.
- Supervising the PR activities in the surrounding markets.
- Focus on operations/execution ensure that the PANDORA brand, trademark, and vision are treasured and optimally represented with high brand standards across the region.
- Further develop your strong contacts with key South African media and influencers
- Secure as much earned media exposure as possible in influential and targeted titles, websites and social media channels.
- Maintain follow up and control that PANDORA concepts are thoroughly and consistently implemented.
- Preparation, implementation and execution of PR/events budget, PR calendar, PR plans and constructive input into media plans.
- Development and execution of creative and innovative plans to enhance brand positioning and image through PR activities.
- Coordination of media events for Emerging markets e.g. Global PR, Factory visits.
- Evaluating, rating and recommending sponsoring possibilities and other promotional activities.
- Cooperating with relevant agencies in a timely manner.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with journalists, editors, stylists, designers and other relevant people in the market.
- Ensure the communication flow between South Africa and the Cluster lead market (Dubai)
- Collaborate with other functional areas such as retail, projects, and finance in order to ensure full alignment with the general business.
- Monthly coverage and meeting reports.
- Press kit assembly and distribution, and PR warehouse stock management.
- Plan and implement events securing maximum exposure for the brand in the UAE, in accordance with PANDORA standards.
- Develop innovative and creative concepts for creating awareness and interest for the brand through events, media, Club members and others where necessary.
University Degree Non-Professional
English: Fluent (Verbal & Written)
Afrikaans : Native (Verbal & Written)
MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Minimum 4 Years Of PR Experience
Work Experience Requirements:
Technical Competence Requirements
- Experience in all aspects of developing and maintaining PR strategies in local and regional markets
- Relevant product and industry knowledge
- Experience with relevant software applications Proficient in BI, Replenishment, and Merchandise Planning systems highly regarded (not essential)
Key Soft Competence Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organisation and planning
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Formal presentation skills
- Cross-cultural understanding
- Time management
You will be part of a company in an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people.
If you feel you have the relevant skill set and are interested in the position then we'd love to hear from you! Please click HERE to apply.