Country and Business Controller Production
We are looking for a Country and Business Controller for Africa region based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Ethiopia is emerging as a new market for the global textile industry. The potential for Ethiopia to establish a world-leading textile industry is huge. International investments in business development and sustainability are very noticeable. As a Country and Business Controller in Ethiopia, you will be an integral part of establishing one of H&M’s newest and most exciting production markets.
If you are curious about expanding H&M’s production operation, eager to drive sustainable growth, work in a people orientated environment and want to be part of leading this development, apply now.
What will you do?
In this role, you will be engaged in a wide range of tasks. Primarily you will:
- Work in partnership with the Country Manager Production and Supply Chain Manager to create the long-term vision of the region and set an aligned action plan to maximize business potential of the region in an efficient and sustainable way.
- Drive analysis of macroeconomic and sustainable development in the region to secure alignment between all product categories. This will also serve as support to the Sustainability team when setting priorities and strategies.
- Create SWOT analysis for the region, and based on the analysis drive actions. Work closely with the Country Manager Production, Supply Chain Manager and other stakeholders in setting office goals across the Country and Supply Chain operations that support both the short and long-term business needs.
- Support activities attracting foreign investments to Ethiopia’s textile industry.
- Drive operational efficiency by supporting the Country Manager Production in setting and managing the budget for the country organization, general office costs, and country-specific costs.
- Be a project leader/resource for projects at both regional and global level, for within Production and beyond.
- Provide a short and long-term analysis, prognosis and action plan for the regional product category based on KPIs for a price, lead time, quality, sustainability, and capacity to achieve global product category goals - growth and profitability in a sustainable way. Identify supply chain discrepancies and support the Supply Chain Manager on actions to correct causes, communicate findings and deviations to the Global Supply Chain Controller and the Global Supply Chain Manager
Who will you work with?
In this role, you will join a dynamic and energetic team based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. You will be part of the management team and report directly to the County Manager Production (based in Ethiopia) and indirectly to the Head of Controlling Production (based in Hong Kong). You will also interact regularly with the Supply Chain Manager, other Managers within the office as well as colleagues based locally and across the Globe.
Who are you?
We Really Want You To Join Our Team If You Are
At H&M we value your personal qualities as much as your professional skills.
- Eager to work in an expansion orientated environment with volatile challenges outside of your regular tasks.
- Strategic and able to draw insightful and business-relevant analysis from data.
- Passionate about translating macroeconomic analysis into business development activities.
- Communicating clearly on both strategic and operational level in English.
- Leading yourself and others informally through H&M’s values
- Have a masters degree in International Business, Finance, Engineering, Political Science or similar.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in a relevant function, be it controlling itself or a business function. Other backgrounds would be considered as well if relevant.
So what's next?
If what you have read so far sounds like fun and a great place to work, then please apply. If your CV is among those selected, you will be invited for an initial telephone screening, followed by a couple of interviews (over the phone or face to face).
Last date to apply: Open until filled.
Fashion & Quality at the best price in a sustainable way