Graphic Designer at Walulel
- Company: Walulel
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the continent’s hottest geospatial data analytics firm. This role is based in our vibrant but tranquil Accra office space. You will be joining the company in a period of growth as we near the launch the “beta”/test version of our updated platform and hence our need for even more resources to help showcase our talents to the world.
We’re looking for a passionate, creative and talented individual who is keen to invest their time and skills into building a thriving technology start-up. The person who ends up joining us will play a key role in driving innovation and will have a keen eye for detail and be willing to keep up to date with the latest international design trends using illustrative design tools.
The successful candidate would be helping to develop a new piece of technology that is set to change the way cities are understood. Moreover, as it’s a start-up, from day one you’ll be considered a key member of the team, and you’ll be in a role where your opinion ALWAYS matters and your innovation always rewarded. You’ll also be involved in all aspects of the product development lifecycle. In addition, there will also be a training budget to facilitate your growth journey.
Are you the person we’re looking for?
As a Graphic Designer, you will primarily responsible for developing online brand reinforcement and PoS materials. You’ll also be involved in refining our corporate graphics, in addition to creating brochures, leaflets, infographics and inputting on the UX/UI aspects of web design.
What We’ll Need To See Is
- A minimum of two year’s work experience in a Graphic Design related field (portfolio required)
- Experience using Adobe CC including InDesign, PhotoShop and Illustrator;
- A meticulous eye for attention-to-detail;
- A highly creative mind with strong written English and communication skills;
- The ability to interpret and visually represent data;
- Experience of working independently, prioritising a workload, and meeting deadlines;
- A willingness to undertake desk-based and “field” based tasks;
- A positive attitude towards working as part of a wider international team; and
- A good sense of humour.
What else would be good?
- Bachelors/Masters level (or higher) degree in Graphic Design/Computer Aided Design related field (or good level of work experience in a similar/related field);
- Extensive hands-on design experience with a viewable portfolio;
- Knowledge of social media and influencing networks; and
- Previous experience of working with web based graphic design solutions.
Why work with Walulel?
You’ll join the beginnings of Walulel, a company split between London and Accra with a friendly team of highly-skilled, ambitious, creative and motivated data scientists, architects, urban planners and web developers who work collaboratively to achieve a common goal of delivering impactful analysis. We work closely together to solve really complex problems, to show people the places they already know in a manner they’ve never seen before. however we need a creative mind to showcase the great work of our team.
Unlike other companies we work a four-day week (Monday to Thursday), but we pay a full-time salary. Now if that isn’t reason enough to apply, we don’t know what is! In addition, the founding staff of which you’ll be a part get an equity stake and a genuine opportunity to help shape the future of Walulel.
This job will be based in Accra and we are offering whatever salary, you can convince us you are worth as what we’re really concerned with is bringing the best talent on to our team.
Don't Keep! Share: