Corporate Social Media Manager
- Develop best practices, processes and protocol for all Brand teams to hasten successful social media participation at a market-specific level, in coordination with the Global Brands’ social strategies.
- Act as a key conduit between the market and global brands on enabling introduction of market-specific content, by Brand, into global brand SNS content calendars
- Work Closely with Customer Services Manager and Global Consumer Communication, to ensure that customers queries posted via Social Media Channels are answered in a timely fashion, and within approved corporate and legal framework
- Ensure constant monitoring of social media properties, and ensure that appropriate and timely responses are provided to all customer queries
- Liaise with Lead digital agency relating to all Social Media, community engagement initiatives and ensure that relevant content management plans and social media advertising programs are executed correctly
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Serve as a strategic advisor to all Brand teams, on crafting specific social media plans and programs, including coordination on the development and execution of locally relevant assets and content, in conjunction with the Global Brands.
- Identify and share key social networking and social media site opportunities and trends in the affiliate, and ensure path to participation is coordinated with the above.
- Act as a lead social media monitor of ELC Brands in the market, to identify trends, insights, issues and opportunities. Work with Global Digital Marketing and Consumer Insights to develop/incorporate standardized reporting and on how to best funnel back learnings into the organization.
- Identify social media opportunities with Retail and Media partners, and ensure that collaborative initiatives are established within ELC Global policies, whilst ensuring local relevance.
- Serve as a bridge between e-commerce and Brand marketing to create a consumer-centric confluence with social commerce
- Generate competitive intelligence on social marketing activities and turn into regular company reporting.
- Help measure and synthesize social media performance using standardized social media metrics; develop related recommendations
- Train other affiliate stakeholders in how to utilize a soon-to-be introduced social media monitoring tool
- Act as a key affiliate organizer and potential trainer on Global Digital Education.
- As resources evolve, help hire, train and guide brand-specific affiliate Community Managers; working with Corporate Social Marketing and the Global Brand Community Managers to adapt and/or establish standards for participation and provide continuous oversight to ensure their participation meets if not exceeds them.
Qualifications And Experience
- Grade 12
- Appropriate post-graduate business qualification
- At least 5 years of experience Digital Marketing and Social Media initiatives/Management
Key Personal Characteristics
- Candidate must have strong brand social marketing/media experience, agency and/or client side, with an established record of high personal participation and engagement and ability to demonstrate a track record of conceiving brand social media strategies and programs that produced measurable results.
- Direct community management experience is essential.
- Has strong connections to the industry to ensure they are “plugged in” with the key trends and providers of social media, as well as the social media agency landscape.
- Highly creative thinker, able to distill new opportunities and envision how they can translate to our brands for optimal success.
- Strong consumer communications (and even customer service) experience/orientation, with excellent judgment to deftly guide real-time consumer engagement.
- Ability to interpret and translate global brand strategies and equity into voice/programs appropriate for the local nuances of social media.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and discipline is crucial, to enable effective management of social media properties across a multi Brands environment.
- Highly collaborative and comfortable working in a matrixed environment, across many teams. Ability to create great working relationships with all levels within the company and across multiple disciplines
- Strong strategic and management skills
Ability to work in fast-paced, demanding environment.
Estée Lauder Companies Corporate Departments
Online / E-Commerce
Europe, Middle East, Africa-South Africa
1st (Day) Shift
All applications will be considered in accordance to the terms of the Estee Lauder Companies – South Africa Employment Equity Plan.