Designer Kids Footwear | Beauty | Home
To design commercial, beautiful product that meets and exceeds customer expectations and drives sales and adheres to the Woolworths Merchandise cycle.
- Develop concepts, storyboard, sketches and drawings of new designs to be considered within the groups in line with the design direction
- Develops designs and cads using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Review fabric print and material options for the season
- Determine colours for the season aligned to overall trend colour palette presented
- Review with the buyer seasonal colour palettes in line with agreed seasonal colour direction
- Develop seasonal colour boards
- Conduct inspirational shopping
- Identify trial opportunities in current season for future season
- Develop design direction in prototype sample or CAD/photo sample form and present to Head of Design then buying for sign-off
- Present design direction and proposed continuity items for the season
- Develop product tech pack using Illustrator / Photoshop
- Brief ideas, sketches and initial sample requests to relevant suppliers (good, better, best strategy) in line with sourcing strategy
- Determine product techpack for continuity and selected items dependent upon supplier capability
- Develop design brief
- Present season, including styles, looks, themes and fabrics opportunities in line with strategy and design direction
- Review and approve design brief samples and agree with buying continuity items, volume input and input items for season.
- Build relationships with Suppliers.
- Build partnerships with Buying, Planning, and Sourcing and Technology and work in an integrated way to optimise the design capability within the Groups.
- Manage on time delivery of the Merchandise cycle
- Develop, motivate, inspire and lead the relevant group’s Design
- Assistant and provide ongoing feedback to enhance performance and deliver the seasonal product direction.
Technical and Functional Competencies
- Relevant Design diploma / degree
- 2 to 5 years Commercial/Kids footwear experience essential
- Deep retail skill and understanding, both local and global
- Merchant and retail ability
- Product knowledge
- Creativity, taste level and flair in line with the brand
- Ability to sketch
- Trend analysis and editing skills
- Ability to predict trends
- Proficient in illustrator and Photoshop
- Process thinking skills
- Passion for the Kids footwear Customer/ product / merchandise
- Interpersonal skills – ability to work with diverse groups of people
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Team Player – service orientated
- Delivering high performance
- Driving quality
- Planning and organising
If you are interested in the above position please send your CV to email@example.com clearly stating the vacancy and level of the role that you are applying for in the subject line.
As part of the recruitment process you are required to submit a graphic design portfolio in addition to your CV.
"As a proud South African brand, Woolworths is committed to transformation. Meeting our employment equity goals will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions. "
Closing Date : 20 December 2017