Social Media Strategist
Summer has arrived in all its festive glory, the countdown to 2018 has begun and Rhino Africa has been awarded the title of Africa’s Leading Safari Company for the fifth year running! In other news, our Marketing team is on the prowl for a Facebook addict, Twitter guru and Instagram #qween (or king), with banter more fierce than a local chicken restaurant, to be our new digital-savvy, analytic-minded Social Media Strategist.
So if setting new market trends is your kind of thing, then dust off your flower crown and turn away from your SnapChat feed, because we’re hunting for a born leader to spearhead our double award winning, multinational Social Media Marketing team by managing our social media presence across various channels and languages. Collaborating with our creative, SEO, sales, product and communication teams, our Social Media Strategist will be responsible for using their creative influence and authentic innovation to develop and distribute various marketing campaign strategies, like Africa’s Photographer of the Year, and ultimately play an integral role in helping us realize our vision - to be the undisputed authority on African travel!
The role will cover a broad range of responsibilities, which will include, but will not be limited to:
- Working with the CMO and Content Manager to define and implement social media strategies across all relevant channels
- Producing engaging, accurate and on-message content appropriate to social media channels, including the sourcing, editing and resizing of images
- Inspiring clients to undertake a safari or wildlife experience with one of our brands
- Managing and monitoring social media posts, including client reviews
- Managing Rhino Africa's reputation across social media platforms
- Engaging in client-focused online conversations in a tone and style appropriate to the brand
- Assisting in the creation of a dedicated communication strategy with our existing clients through CRM campaigns
- Collaborating with our analytics team on user research to refine social media strategies
- Recognizing new social media developments, trends and opportunities
- Compiling collateral and writing copy for external and internal newsletters
- Working closely with our Sales and Product departments to gather collateral for social media adverts and content
- Working closely with our Recruiting and HR departments to ensure that new starters in the social media team are sufficiently onboarded
- Managing a team of social media interns in various languages: English, German and French
Our ideal Social Media #fundi will possess:
- A BS/BA degree in a related field (communication, marketing, journalism or business majors)
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in a digital industry or related field, including the management of employees
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- An enthusiastic, outgoing personality with a passion for all things social
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting tight deadlines
- An excellent grasp of (and flair for) the English language. Knowledge of German, French, Spanish or Portuguese is a big plus!
- Good problem-solving skills, and a knack for research and writing
Essential Requirements Include
- A good understanding of the Facebook advertising suite
- A basic understanding of SEO
- A good understanding of email marketing software
- A good understanding of MS Excel and Google Analytics
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals (PDIs). Please note that we can only consider applications from South African citizens.
At Rhino Africa, there’s a smorgasbord of added delights. With us, you would:
- Use your hash-tagging expertise to market content which makes a difference to Africa’s people, places and wildlife
- Have freedom within and ownership of your work, with the support and guidance of your colleagues
- Collaborate with a diverse and talented team for all your written needs - check out some behind the scenes footage on our RhinoAfrica_Life Instagram page...
- Carry out your craft in gorgeous offices in the heart of Cape Town, the world's most beautiful city
- Get subsidized meals, coffees (and anything in between) from our own chefs and baristas at the Rhino Cafe
- Earn a competitive salary and accrue 20 days of paid vacation per year
- Explore Africa - To share our majestic continent with the crash, we offer our Rhinos 20-30% off hotel rack rates with our 2000 African suppliers; up to 40% rebates on flights with Airlink; rebates on car rentals and up to 80% discount for family & friends at our own properties, including MannaBay and Silvan Safari Lodge!
- Work under visionary leaders who encourage a family culture, open and direct communication and honest feedback