Visual Merchandising & Store Design Specialist (Estee Lauder & MAC)
- Enhance brand equity in the in-store environment for both new and existing sites and ensure consistency of presentation of all counters/FSS environments.
- Responsible for store design functions.
- Ensure proper representation of the Brand(s)’ images in the selling environment.
- Project Co-ordinate with Brands, Project Managers and suppliers to ensure the smooth implementation of Retail Design projects.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Initiate project after Brand(s) approval.
- Receive designs, technical drawings and specifications to market and chosen shop fitter for every new installation and refurbishment.
- Coordinate the design selling environments, display of products consultation areas and transaction space.
- Ensure Brand(s)’ image is consistent and properly expressed and maintained within guidelines set by NY office in order to achieve a cumulative and synergistic effect in terms of architecture, detailing merchandise layouts.
- Consults with local Brand Manager to ensure best locations within stores; analyze traffic flow to guarantee customer interaction; analyzes architectural features that may enhance or distract from location; inspects sites to ensure cohesive design and speeds approval process.
- Work closely with Brand managers to ensure complete and articulated store presentation.
- Coordinate in store maintenance with retailers, distributors, contractors and the Brand(s) for the repair and upkeep of doors and their financial management when instructed.
- Establish a high level of communication with the markets, retailers and distributors to understand their needs and support Project Manager’s to provide a focused and specialized service
- Liaise with Regional Design Managers for project briefing.
- Work closely with the Design teams of the Retail partners.
- Negotiate with Brand(s), vendors and retailer design teams in order to find a solution where everyone benefits.
- Update shop fitters on materials for the Brand(s) and ensure best quality / cost ratio of the projects.
- Coordinate with Visual Merchandising to order all materials and collaterals to ensure timely delivery to coincide with project schedule.
- Ensure all Brand(s)' designs and final products are adapted to any existing security constraints.
- Maintain project flow and establish weekly status report to communicate with the Regional Design Managers.
- Make site surveys and create CAD documents of footprints for design manager as required.
- Maintain project close out and archival procedures, including final project photography.
- File and keep clear, understandable records of all stores for future use by Brand Managers, Merchandising, Store Design and Finance.
- Review project submissions and follow up on missing information in preparation for designs to follow
- The collection of data for the Project Request Form for submission to regional design departments
- Create CR’s and LPO’s
- Track all projects from submission through to installation with instruction from Project Managers. Follow up on final costing
- Prepare project files for all new projects
- Provide support as requested for special events.
- Order loose furniture items and other store design hardware for inclusion within projects across the region.
- Manage and maintain counter photo archives. Distribute photos as needed.
New store designs and re-vamps of stores
- Coordinate the execution of store openings or re-vamps and ensure the completion of necessary checklists
- Order visuals and tester units
- Fit design to store space
- Ensure that merchandising guidelines are followed
- Ensure photographs of all new stores and re-vamped stores are taken and filed correctly on the share drive.
- Plan and execute of mall events for new launches & promotions.
Existing store design and maintenance
- Maintain all store hardware and open sell elements
- Order new hardware for stores where necessary and coordinate the installation thereof.
- Maintain merchandising and visual standards including updates, new launches.
- Plan, present and implement the basic merchandising guidelines at store level
- Ensure the merchandising policies in retailers comply with brand standards – implement a cycle program for store visits to inspect these issues.
- Co-ordinate the ordering, distribution of light box visual transparencies for all new and existing stores, launches and promotional focus
- Monitor signage display and ensure it is in line with current promotion/launch
- Design, order, execute, maintain and implement POS material for special projects
- Launche seasonal focusses
- Execute and assist with visual in store in conjunction with the sales team
- Responsible for in store visualization working closely with sales team
- Compile direction and execution of visual merchandising booklets for team
- Design external promotional events and displays for brand promotions in conjunction with the marketing team
- Arrange delivery of promotional or event elements timeously
- Plan, setup and strike down of special event/display elements
- Assist brand/marketing team in planning budgets for display costs
- Procure local suppliers to design and make display units where necessary
- Measure up units and floor space - design and plan new units when required
- Adapt NY merchandising guidelines to local market standards when required
- Work with field employees in store to determine new space and execution opportunities in-line with international guidelines
- Review and put forward recommendations for new merchandising concepts, ways to highlight new launches
- Review and procure local suppliers for tester units to save costs vs international, as required by Brand(s)
- Take photos of stores when visiting.
- Work on visual merchandising budgets in conjunction with the marketing. (To include international tester units, locally produced highlighter stands, in case props and light box visual updates)
- Track tester unit orders from suppliers to ensure availability and delivery per agreed timeline, eliminating delays in shipment.
- Prepare and distribute pricing strips to all stores as and when required.
- Place orders on IMW in conjunction with Product Managers
- Complete purchase orders relating to all visual merchandising requirements
- Ensure timeous placement of orders with IMD for access locators for new and existing installations
- Maintain tester unit program by working in conjunction with marketing team to ensure an adequate number of units are forecasted/ordered for each promotion
- Process all invoices timeously and liaise with finance department for payment
- Build relationships with field employees in each area and support them when requested. Implement regular update meetings or conference calls (coastal field employees) to assess needs.
- Build relationships with suppliers and retailers.
- Works in conjunction with marketing to ensure that all visual elements are delivered timesously to stores on all launches, promotions and events
- Attend supplier, retailer, promotional and product launch meetings where necessary.
- Work with the International teams to ensure all visual elements, processes, events setups are approved with International
- Implement a store visit calendar to monitor and facilitate the implementation of the basic merchandising guidelines at store level
- Implement a store visit schedule to monitor general store maintenance, lay-out issues and improvements needed to stores.
- Maintain master list of all store details - these include number and sizes of light boxes, number of shelves for pricing strips, tester units, pre-cut lettering for logo’s etc.
- Review competitive activity in terms of branding and suggests recommendations to marketing team for improved in-store visibility
Minimum Educational Level
- BA Architecture/ Visual Merchandising/ Interior Design/Construction or similar
Requirements And Experience
- Knowledge of scheduling or construction management software.
- Experience in graphics, layout and interior signage
- With experience in luxury goods industry
- Computer Skills experience in AutoCAD, Vectorworks and Illustrator
- Advanced Excel
- Design experience is an advantage
- Capable of loading and delivering elements
- Physically able to lift elements
- Knowledge of SAP advantageous
- Full, unrestricted Driver’s License
1st (Day) Shift
Yes, 50 % of the Time
All applications will be considered in accordance to the terms of the Estee Lauder Companies – South Africa Employment Equity Plan