Trend Design Manager
We are recruiting a Trend and Design Manager for our largest trading division mrp. The purpose of this career opportunity is to identify and provide key macro and commercial mass market design insights and direction with relevance to fashion, art and design which assist in inspiring and motivating a team of artists to produce relevant artworks for various brands / buying teams.
this role includes some the following tasks....
- Seasonally set goals and direction for the design studio that ensures a creative, value-adding service to the business
- Outline key trends in design, graphics, art, printing and colour for the season ahead and collate and communicate in a clear, easily understandable manner
- Ensure original artworks are created that draw inspiration from seasonal trends and is relevant to each brand / department, these need to be produced according to agreed timelines
- Constantly reinforce the behaviours and factors that drive success and build confidence and accountability through effective feedback
- Create a team culture that is disciplined in its creativity, planning and passion for fashion retail
- Create briefs for the artists to present print and design newness at the seasonal trend presentations
- Present Season Art / Design Direction to Directors, Merchandise teams, resource, PD and marketing departments
- Design & development of brand label packs as required with direction and input from Marketing and VM teams
- Travel locally and internationally researching directional trends, product and design direction and present reports on overseas trips to inspire and motivate teams
What we are looking for?
- Art or Design qualification
- 5 years of Senior Fashion Design or Senior Trend Forecasting experience preferably within an Apparel / Fashion environment
- Knowledge of producing artworks fabrics, garment construction and of the design and product development process
- Extensive experience in art, graphics or fashion design