Trade Marketing Specialist (adidas)
Purpose & Overall Relevance For The Organization
To contribute to the positive development of adidas brand image by supporting Mgr. Trade Marketing LENA and Director Brand Activation LENA in executing all marketing campaigns as per the set timeline with maximum diligence with a focus on ensuring sell out
- To implement a ‘Brand communication deployment schedule’ in controlled retail space.
- Manage Marketing Activations ensuring projects proper communication with Retail for maximum return on investment.
- Drive key communicated articles (GFR) are reflected in Retail OTBs and Sales pre-orders (thru strong communication during order in-take) while managing the timely delivery of the communicated articles along with the in-store material.
- Evaluate the performance and ROI of campaigns, ensuring MWB is maximized and campaigns positively impact Sales.
- Share post-campaign evaluation results to ensure learnings are considered in the development of future marketing campaigns
- To follow-up the availability of campaign material with the lead market to ensure timely execution of campaigns.
- Make sure all relevant communications are shared across Retail in due time.
- Own and drive the implementation and production of Marketing Campaigns, Promotions, and In-Store Communication tools.
- Proactively suggest and implement improvement at POS level
- Work closely with market Visual Merchandising to ensure Marketing content is flawlessly executed at store level
- Act as marketing representative and provide support to PR and Sports Marketing
- Day to Day management and liaison between trade marketing, own retail and key accounts
- Drive the implementation and planning of in-store material of new stores, renovations/ upgrade of existing stores, to ensure 100% readiness at the planned retail intro.
- Responsible for managing the POS materials at various warehouses (suppliers’ or adidas warehouse)
- Identify opportunities for activations that will lead to an increase in sales and create hype around the brand.
- Control and plan an adequate MWB expenditure aligned with the Trade Marketing Working budget
- Ensure on-budget activity and management of all documents to be aligned with internal audit policies.
Be aware of suppliers & agencies’ internal management restructuring
· Responsible for the control and timely receipt of supplier invoices as well as sharing invoices with finance department on time
· Ensure that all ad-hoc projects regarding TM meet the required deadlines.
· Maintain an extremely high level of confidentiality and apply discretion to all files, materials, and communications.
- Monitors and reports on competitors’ activities regarding brand/ in-store communication and propose/ initiate/ take actions
- Local: Mgr. Trade Marketing LENA and Director Brand Activation LENA, Retail, Sales, SCM, Suppliers.
- Brand image and awareness.
- Timely execution of marketing campaigns
- Sell-out growth at own retail and key account
- Flawless execution of POS material
- Participate in personnel development program according to evaluation
- Act as a business contact for external parties (agencies and suppliers)
Requisite Education And Experience / Minimum Qualifications
- University degree in business, ideally with marketing and sales focus.
- Functional: > 3-4 years marketing
- Industry: consumer-driven, ideally apparel/fashion/shoes or FMCG
- Leadership: none
- Exposure: advertising/marketing
- Outlook: Basic
- Word: Advanced
- Excel: Advanced
- PowerPoint: Advanced
- English: Advanced
- Arabic: Advanced
- French: Advanced
Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Experience in trade or sales and marketing, Sport or fashion industry
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Detail oriented, organized and dynamic
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator skills a plus