Jumia is Nigeria’s number one online shopping destination where you can shop the widest selection of electronics, fashion, home appliances, kid’s items and more in Nigeria and have them shipped directly to your home or office at your convenience!
- As a Visual Designer, your responsibility is to design training and communication materials for our vendors to be displayed on our online educational platforms and in our hubs during offline events.
- The Visual Designer will be the custodian of all creative assets (banners, images, videos/trailers) that may be sourced directly from content owners, or created in-house by the team.
- Produce videos for all the Jumia Vendor University channels: Vendor Hub, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Support vendor engagement efforts through communication material used for events, physical training, awards ceremonies, etc.
- Design Training documents: digital documents for website and social media, paper, flyers, website banners and other training material for the Vendors training
- Design beautiful and engaging advertising creative in support of Jumia Vendor University’s initiatives across video, digital, social media, print, merchandising, out-of-home and any other assets as deemed necessary.
- Create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements.
- Create world-class customer experiences and beautiful visuals that support and reinforce Jumia Vendor University’s vision, brand, and business objectives across all platforms.
- Create style guides and design pattern libraries in support of our brand, cross-platform experiences and merchandising.
- Support the design team by producing, managing and uploading graphics assets.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Arts/ Design, Visual Art, Fine Art or related field from a recognized and accredited University
- 3 – 4 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment is an advantage
- 3 years managing a team with a track record of relevant achievements.
- Studio experience a big plus, especially in combination with exposure to the Media industries
- Experience managing a fast-paced project pipeline and participate in cross-functional workflow
- Knowledge of web design processes and web content management a plus
- Expertise in other aspects of communications and marketing favorably considered
- Expert level in Adobe Master Collection CS6 incl. InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint) tools
- Working knowledge of Google Office Productivity Tools.
- Must possess in-depth experience in Project Management
- In-depth knowledge of relevant design software and tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding Presentation skills with the confidence to explain and sell ideas to clients and colleagues
- Passion and enthusiasm for design, with a creative flair
- A flexible approach when working in a team
- Accuracy and attention to detail is key
- Open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs
- Effective networking skills are key