Graphic Designer (Ladies & Girl-wear)
Your creative eye, attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines is what sets you apart from the rest!
There could not be a better time to join the dynamic Design Team of MRP Apparel. Your role will be to tap into your strong creative, artistic, graphic design and illustration skills to create a relevant and exciting graphic based têxtile designs. Your aptitude to interpret product and trends will see you succeed in this role.
Fit into MRP is key and your passion for what you create is a must!
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Participate in briefing sessions with Buying teams to ensure a clear understanding of briefs.
- Ensure unique têxtile prints and provide the buying teams with innovative translations of the brief.
- Ensure that relevant new, print treatments, fonts and colours highlighted in the seasonal Trend Presentations are carried through in briefs.
- Provide Product Development and Buying teams with detailed print tech packs for updates/new styles.
- Design seasonal prints in line with trend theme direction and based on Trend Briefs.
- Ensure Seasonal Colour matching for print.
- Collaborate with suppliers to establish supplier capability to deliver as required on design intent.
- Design and development of brand label packs with direction from Marketing.
- Research new print techniques and processes on a seasonal basis.
Skills And Experience You Will Need
- A degree/diploma in Graphic Design
- Excellent attention to detail
- Portfolio of own creative work
- Expert level knowledge of Creative Suite; InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
Attributes that would make you stand out from the rest:
- The ability to work to deadlines.
- Strong design eye.
- Have the ability to be creative and innovative.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Fashion, Trend and Market knowledge.
- Be self-motivated and adaptable to change
- Have the ability to work well within a team environment or independently.
A Little About Us
mrp people don’t just think outside the box. They throw the box out the door and set their creativity and problem-solving abilities free. Added to the mix is the natural ability to build relationships and a passion for the retail - and it’s not hard to see why we’re at the top of our game.
Passion, value, and partnership. If you believe in these core values, we believe you’re a perfect match for the Mr Price Group.
Mr Price Group is a high growth, Omni-channel, fashion- value retailer.
Mr Price Group Has 6 Trading Divisions Namely
mrp ; mrp home ; mrp sport ; Miladys; Sheet Street and mrp money .
We employ over 16000 people and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
mrp is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.