Brand Manager (Fashion)
Position the Fashion Brand
- Drive the agreed positioning of the Private label brand to the market, in a way that focuses on driving profitable sales and customer engagement/market share.
- Support the brand to achieve its strategy and goals, understanding product and how to take that product to market to the company target customer.
- Present and deliver the agreed strategic marketing vision and direction to key business units and stakeholders in the business.
- Experience of building a brand.
Translate business and marketing strategy into marketing and communication plan
- Translate the brand strategy into a detailed, integrated marketing and communication plan.
- Deliver and drive the achievement of business goals and targets through the agreed compelling and engaging customer communication.
- Grow existing customers and acquire new customers through brand building.
- Assist in influencing and changing customer perceptions through marketing communication in line with the marketing strategy.
- Keep up to date with new opportunities and new thinking, to ensure that the company brand stays ahead of the game, both locally and on a global perspective.
- Drive partnership with buying groups to ensure alignment of product strategy, merchandise cycle, and marketing strategy.
- Attend, understand and interpret market and business trends,
- Integrate customer insights in the development of the integrated marketing and communication plan.
Drive the execution of the marketing communications plan
- Drive the integrated communications brief, leading and engaging with key stakeholders and areas of specialization across 360 areas within Marketing including;
- Social Media.
- Manage end to end process from Marketing into Agency.
- Ensure that the overarching communication objectives and big ideas are understood to deliver an integrated plan across all channels and touchpoints.
- Drive key elements of the communications approach such as media planning, brand positioning from concept to execution.
- Drive the execution process and ensure approval process from a brand perspective is adhered to.
Manage business interface & trade process into marketing
- Ensure timeous delivery of marketing inputs into the buying group merchandise cycle.
- Act as the primary Marketing point of contact into the business and product groups.
- Work closely with the product business units to ensure deep alignment of trade and product objectives.
- Take a "can-do", proactive approach to "make it happen", working with the Buying Groups, Trade Forum, Sales Management, Stores, the Agency etc.
- Engage in all key and relevant aspects of the business, including trade planning, online, sales management, product reviews, IT process, in relation to delivering the 360-integrated plan.
Budget and commercial management
- Manage and maintain an annual brand budget for given area of responsibility.
- Ensure effective cost management in delivering to the integrated plan: manage variances in actual expenditures against the budget set.
- Conduct PIR's to measure and assess the efficacy of campaigns.
People and stakeholder management
- Accountable for relationship and stakeholder management with key areas, such as the PR, direct marketing, visual merchandising and product groups/Agency/Social Media/Online.
- Work proactively across teams and functions, to optimise integration opportunities.
- Influence internal and external stakeholders, peers and team members where necessary to ensure delivery of the marketing plan.
- Raise issues and concerns timeously and in a professional manner, and manage expectations in line with our Values and Strategy
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key 360 partners including Agency, VM, PR & Corp Comms, Direct, Loyalty, Digital, Online, Social Media, Store design, Taste, and Packaging.
- Proactively manage relationships with product/buying groups.
- Drive and encourage a motivating and positive working experience across business stakeholders and marketing.
- Complete IPM discussions with direct reports according to IPM timelines.
- Ensure that team members deliver according to the critical path.
- Relevant diploma or degree in brand marketing
- Solid (5-7 years) of marketing skills and experience in Retail / Brands / Agency/PR
- Solid technical knowledge and awareness across all elements of marketing
- Experience in managing budgets and teams
- 360 media understanding
- Fashion experience advantageous
- Influencing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Brand Manager - (Fashion)
Desired Qualification Accreditation