Graphic Design Intern
KOKO Networks (www.kokonetworks.com) is a venture-backed startup that is building a unique urban B2C technology platform for emerging markets, with an initial focus on Kenya and plans for rapid pan-African rollout. KOKO’s core business leverages existing downstream oil infrastructure to deliver a proven and profitable new liquid cooking fuel in Africa’s largest cities. Our platform is based on a network of agents, local entrepreneurs who host our hardware, make sales for us, and serve as the primary customer touch-point. KOKO is in the process of technology and market development with offices in Nairobi, Kampala and Pune.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Graphic Design Intern to join the team at KOKO Networks to assist in the execution of the company’s creative communications work. You should be a creative individual with qualifications in graphic design from a college or university. Candidates must be proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, with particularly in-depth knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Knowledge of other image optimizing applications and emerging design software for interface prototyping are an added advantage. Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills as well as creative problem solving with the ability to complete a variety of design tasks accurately with high attention to detail and creativity. Tasks within the role shall be in the realm of corporate branding, marketing design and digital design. The ability to work independently while meeting aggressive deadlines will be crucial in this role. Kindly provide a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating graphic design, digital design, retail merchandising, visual branding, and great user-centred design solutions.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with Managers to deliver creative designs and output of the highest quality and to brief and brand standards
- Managing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines.
- In addition to strong design skills, the candidate must have strong organizational skills, typography and branding skills and web knowledge
- Ability to work in an iterative environment across teams and implement feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Deep understanding of corporate design and communication for print and online media
- Creating branded Illustrations or infographics