China Global Television Network, or CGTN, is China’s new international media organization. It was launched by the national broadcaster China Central Television (CCTV) on December 31, 2016.
Our mission is to create a better understanding of international events across the world, bridging continents and bringing a more balanced view to global news reporting.
CGTN Africa is based in Nairobi, Kenya. We produce a wide range of programming, from news and current affairs, to arts & culture and sports – all of it Africa’s story, told by Africans.
With the changing media landscape, we are seeking an experienced, dynamic and professional individual to fill the position of Graphics Designer. If successful, you join a team striving to make connections with an Africa-wide audience, telling stories of the African continent from a new perspective.
A Graphics Designer is responsible for creatively originating and executing broadcast designs in conformance with the broadcast visual policy.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Originating and creating designs for visual assets and illustrations according to various written briefs e.g. montages for various shows and news features
- Developing and re-designing CGTN corporate identity visuals in line with the broadcast visual policy
- Re-designing indents, program properties and news templates
- Participating in generation, improvement, sustenance, and implementation of the visual policy e.g. news intros and in-house production shows
- Troubleshooting, remedying and reporting on creations, illustrations and creative processes
- Ability to beat deadlines under minimal or no supervision
Educational Background and Experience
- Diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in Graphic design, Fine Arts
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a busy TV environment as a creative/on air graphics designer
- Understanding of 2D and 3D motion Design
- Competent knowledge of a range of creative solutions: (but not limited to) Adobe After Effects, Photoshop Cinema 4D and Illustrator
- Creative flair exhibited in execution of broadcast and digital design products
- Able to interpret briefs creatively
- Maintain excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess an understanding of and appreciation for a multi-national, multi-cultural work environment
Skills / Qualifications Required
- Effective communication skills
- Be able to work alone, and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have creative flair
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
The position is located in Nairobi, Kenya and for international candidates, the company facilitates the relocation. If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in working in a fast-paced, fun environment, please send your CV, and video links for your work to email@example.com by Friday 23rd February 2018. The subject of your mail should be the title of the position you are applying for.