BUYER ASSISTANT (JUNIOR/ENTRY LEVEL)
mrphome is recruiting a high potential candidate who is keen on developing and pursuing a career in Retail Merchandise Buying.
We are recruiting a Buyers Assistant. This is a high growth potential junior role where you will provide daily assistance and support to the Buyer who is responsible for building a balanced assortment of merchandise which appeals to our customer and ensures maximum profit is achieved for your dept.
Your key responsibilities would include:
· To develop your understanding of the retail buying process you would be responsible for administrative aspects within your department. This would include:
- order capturing
- sample management
- merchandise magazine input
- Executing these key tasks within your Buying team will help enable the merchant processes and ensure adherence to important timelines
· Regular correspondence with suppliers around samples and strike offs
· Maintain a neat showroom and generally assisting where you can within your department
· Grade 12
· A qualification in Interior design/ Interior Decorating/ Textile design / Marketing Management. (Preferably a recent graduate)
· You are proficient in MS Office
· Great communicator
· Highly organized
A little about us:
Our environment suits an entrepreneurial type of person. There is little in terms of rigid structure and process which forces our people to make decisions on their own. We support and encourage ownership and people that thrive on taking responsibility and delivering in this type of environment will be successful and recognized.
Mr Price Group is a high growth, Omni-channel, fashion- value retailer.
Mr Price Group has 6 trading divisions namely: mrp; mrphome; mrpsport; Miladys; Sheet Street and mrpmoney.
We employ over 16000 people and retail in over 1000 South African based stores, almost 100 international stores and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
mrphome is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity