Senior Merchandise Planner
Seeking experienced, Senior Merchandise Planner either from traditional or online retail sectors. Fashion/clothing sector experience will be a large advantage.
Creation of the Departmental financial strategy and execution of the Business strategy, by delivering a product offer that exceeds customers' expectations, and achieves sales and profit targets combined with effective inventory management.
- Profit Maximisation
- Preparation of budgets, sales, stock and profit targets.
- Monitor performance against plan, taking appropriate action to maximise sales and profit and reduce stockholding whilst increasing stock turn.
- Identify new business opportunities to grow sales and profitability.
- Review, propose and implement markdown activity to reduce terminal stock whilst analysing action taken on mark-downs to maximise profit.
- Communicate trading issues and forecasts with proposed actions to management and buyer.
- Implement promotional plans to optimise sales and profit.
- Measure brand/supplier performance against targets and make recommendations to grow or exit.
Range Building and Planning
- Develop and agree plans in partnership with the buyer that achieve sales and profit targets and implement the agreed departmental strategy.
- In conjunction with the buyer, build balanced and profitable seasonal range plans.
- Evaluate market and customer information together with historical data to develop the department's phased stock plans and pricing strategy.
- Manage and forecast the intake of stock in line with agreed OTB stock levels.
- Plan and implement replenishment volumes for continuity product.
- Monitor and manage the availability of stock.
- Promote stock efficiency through in season trading whilst managing forward covers.
- Collaborate with Supply chain to ensure planned launch and replenishment dates are met.
- Manage terminal stock.
- Manage volume buys and optimal size ratio's.
Key Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with at least 2 quantitative subjects.
- Proven work experience of at least 5 years in the Clothing/Footwear/Homeware retail market
- At least 2 years operating as a Senior Planner.
- A high degree of numeracy and an analytical, detailed and strategic approach to work.
- Advanced computer literacy in excel and planning systems.
Key Competencies and Attribute
- Strong business acumen and merchant thinking.
- Good organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven decisionmaking ability.