GretMol Online is an online brand incubator based in Cape Town, with an intense focus on e-commerce and digital marketing. The company is currently looking for someone with a strong desire to become a buyer. Comfortable looking at product concepts with an eye for what will sell. You can marry that with financial numeracy, calculating pricing and liaising with potential suppliers. Fluency in MS Excel is a must, Photoshop skills would be an advantage too. Wearing multiple hats and multi-tasking will be second nature to you. Most important of all is a conscientious approach, an inquisitive mind and a willingness to absorb the environment and become an integral cog in what we do.
Never satisfied with today’s victory, you will see the title ‘Intern’ as just that. With your contributions, you will look at making yourself indispensable as quickly as possible. The sky is the limit for us, we aim to double our revenues every four months. An intern for us today should be leading a team tomorrow.
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Launched a new fashion line on South Africa’s most important online sales platforms, with a 10 week lead time from idea conception and ordering samples to the first product sale.
- Organised a product shoot for the aforementioned fashion line, liasing with photographers, models, organising venue and equipment hire. Communicating with the sales team to arrange an image brief for the product.
- Studied a fashion product category on Amazon, using cutting edge tools, and started communicating with relevant suppliers of these products.
- Presented to the sales team, as well as the directors of the business, recommendations for potential new product category suppliers, with the pros and cons of different approaches detailed clearly.
- Ordered a range of samples within many product categories, tested them and reported back any potential issues.
- Attended a wine tasting and tapas evening with the team at Open Wine or Publik. Drinking Alcohol not compulsory.
To be a good fit for this job, you must have:
- Determination – a fast learner and quick on your feet. The excuse ‘you didn’t tell me to do it’ doesn’t work with us.
- A desire to become fantastic at sourcing great quality products for our company to brand and sell.
- Excellent, concise written English. Other languages are an advantage too.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel. Photoshop is an advantage.
- Ideally a university graduate. If not, convince us in your cover letter why we should hire you anyway. If you are a graduate, this is also advisable. Why should we hire you?
- Essentially a South African Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- A strong bias toward execution. You love working independently and thrive when given freedom and flexibility. You don’t need a babysitter.
We are located in the Cape Town CBD, having just moved into a shiny new HQ this month. We will be doubling our space again by September. We have a start-up feel, yet a relentless focus on execution, working together and learning quickly. We don’t do office politics. The results you generate will help us tremendously work towards our goal of doubling in size every four months. The ideal candidate will be looking for a long-term opportunity, to grow with us. There are no limits on what you can achieve from our point of view, you will be the author of your own success to a large extent.