Head of Retail Operations
- Taking the Store Operations area forward and dynamically ensuring that it achieves sales and profit growth levels as well as other key performance metrics as agreed
- Implementing business plans and ensuring alignment with short and longterm objectives and strategic direction as issued by the Company
- Drive and implement all Company agreed strategic projects
- Ensure a culture of client excellence and grow market share including new account growth
- Facilitate improvements in internal processes and systems
- Leading and motivating to ensure a committed, inspired and engaged workforce and a high performing management team.
- Overseeing all operations and business activities to ensure that the team produces the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy, within the agreed budget and actively managing expense growth
- Establish strong relationships with the Company’s management teams and key stakeholders
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets and industry of the Company
- Lead the Store Operations teams and take responsibility for all dayto-day management decisions within powers of authority
- Embrace and drive the core values and culture, as agreed with the Company
- Drive innovation within the Division
- Ensure that all governance and compliance requirements are met
- Degree in Finance, Commerce or related qualification an advantage with a minimum of 8 to 10 years’ experience in similar environment at appropriate level.
- Extensive experience in the retail fashion industry with a multibrand environment
- Results driven personality with a skill for leading and motivating a large team
- Experience in implementing strategies and vision
- Ability to conceptualise and execute large strategic projects.
- Outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Results driven, extremely committed and tenacious
- Inspirational leader who others respect and feel comfortable to engage with
- Demanding of standards and delivery; able to take tough decisions in difficult situations
- Pragmatic, excellent communicator and commercially astute
- Acknowledged as an individual of stature and having a high degree of credibility
- High energy and innovative in looking for opportunities and challenges
- Extremely bright, numerate and analytical with a direct, but an inclusive communication style
- Versatile with the ability to be reflective and analytical where appropriate and highly reactive when the situation demands, with speedy responsiveness. The ability to see the big picture whilst managing detail.
- Balance of strategic view and operational excellence.
- Enjoys getting hands dirty
- Selfaware and strong sense of “doing the right thing” for the business.
- Confident yet humble
Reward strategies are aimed at attracting, motivating and retaining employees and at promoting a sustainable high-performance culture within the business. Remuneration practices are closely linked to the Group’s business philosophy, purpose, values and vision and to the achievement of Group, team and individual performance objectives.
Truworths is committed to transformation and meeting objectives of the Employment Equity Act. Meeting our employment equity goals and targets will be taken into account in our recruitment decisions.
Favourable consideration will be given to people living with disabilities.