FASHION CATEGORY MANAGER JOBS 2016: KILIMALL
- Company: kili mall
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Kenya
Fashion Category Manager Jobs Kilimall
We currently have an open vacancy for the above mentioned position in Fashion category. Please apply for this job posting if you possess the necessary requirements as listed below.
Kilimall’s Retail team is looking for talented Fashion Vendor Manager to take responsibility for supporting a designated Kenya’s business area. This is an opportunity to work on a range of initiatives such as direct sourcing and product/range creation & development. You will play a key role in helping us achieve our growth objectives by delivering a step change in performance, improving the customer offer, expanding product selection and deepening relationships with our suppliers.
We encourage an entrepreneurial environment where ideas are valued, respected and more often than not, implemented quickly and this role provides a great entry point into the Kilimall business.
Key Responsibilities for the Manager Job:
- Manage and build comprehensive selection through strong vendor relationships including assessing market procurement conditions, recommending annual terms and implementing procurement strategies.
- Be responsible for the following areas of business management: promotion, in-stock management (in close relationship to the supply chain management team), product development and communicating vendor performance.
- With the online content management team, develop and execute collaborative marketing and promotions for a wide variety of products across the category, including identifying opportunities for short term cooperative marketing and merchandising.
- Set up a category procurement support strategy along with supply chain teams and drive continual process improvements, such as improving vendor lead times.
- Manage item/vendor set-up as well as maintenance, presentation and performance.
- Make decisions regarding adjustment and delivery of set category selection plans based on the local competitive market.
- Monitor and research industry and competitive trends to make sure that Kilimall is offering the best for the customer.
Kilimall is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Basic Qualifications for the Manager Job:
- Proven work experience, ideally in an online, retail, e-commerce or consulting environment.
- Outstanding analytical skills and experience in planning and forecasting
- Proven use of supporting tools and systems to deliver business improvement.
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Action and results oriented mentality, combined with the ability to work in a demanding but collegial environment where teamwork is a must.
- Ability to problem-solve using creative thinking and innovation.
- Proven English skills – both verbal and written.
- University degree
- University degree ideally in a technical or analytical discipline.
- Advanced Excel skills including VLookups & pivot tables a plus
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations or the work environment change.