Retail Operations Manager
- Manage all the Operational activities necessary to ensure the efficient operation of the Group Retail stores and maximizing income.
Key Job Functions:
- Assume responsibility for the effective performance management of Heads of Departments, Shop Managers and Staff
- Responsible for the management of all Retail Activities
- Day to day store operations effective merchandise control and store merchandising
- To ensure all shops are efficiently and effectively managed, visiting them regularly, and monitoring their compliance with policy, procedure and standards
- To manage warehouse operation
- To monitor stock in each store, ensuring there are adequate supplies
- To ensure stores achieve set sales budgets and profitability
- Yearly Budget setting and expense control for Management Review.
- Effective Stock loss management including quarterly full stocktakes, weekly and cyclical stock counts
- Staff recruitment, management, training and development in order to create a learning organization with succession plans, staff performance appraisals and management, strategic planning and the retention of “Human Capital”
- Designing and implementing of policies and procedures.
- Getting stock and sales ratios inline in conjunction with Merchandise Planner.
- Uniformed layout and fixtures in stores. In order to compete with the new players in the market, ensure that the company sets the trends as the market leaders in the sector that it trades in.
- Increasing sales in existing stores by ensuring stores have the right stock at the right time through improved logistics and replenishment from the Central Distribution Center. Consolidation of broken ranges to ensure a higher than normal sell through rate and staff development and accountability to achieve expected objectives.
- To promote a customer care approach within the business, investigating complaints or issues of poor customer care and implementing corrective measures to improve service levels.
- To build effective relations with Retail Partners.
- Ensure thorough and up to date knowledge of the retail industry, especially our competitors and consumer trends and insights to drive business performance.
- Brand expansion, identifying optimum locations for new stores, store design and fitting outs and managing shop contractors.
- Report on weekly and monthly operational activities.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and improvement