Central Planning Analyst – Fashion Retail Group
I am looking for a CENTRAL PLANNING ANALYST with at least 2 – 3 years previous experience in product & store planning within a clothing retail environment.
- Assisting with the implementation of the Company’s merchandise plans that support the Company’s merchandise strategy.
- Conducting intensive analysis and interrogation of product performance across the Company.
- Proactively reporting on exceptions, risks & opportunities identified in the analysis of product performance and providing the business with possible actions to minimise the risk and maximise opportunity.
- Maintaining product hierarchy and ensuring compliance
- Execute weekly markdown processes and reporting
- Provide inputs into project plans to achieve the agreed objective and provide support to aid decision making
- Assist with adhoc analysis, reports and queries.
Knowledge and Skills:
- the retail merchandise cycle with regards to Buying, Planning, Logistics and Stores
- retail and merchandise planning processes
- seasonal and nonseasonal replenishments
- the SA retail clothing market, customers and competitors
- Sound numerical skills
- Analytical thinking and logical problemsolving skills
- Merchant skills and a sound commercial mentality
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Planning, organising and time management skills
The ability to be:
- resilient, have tenacity and maintain high levels of drive and initiative under initiative under pressure
- methodical, detailorientated and accurate
- proactive and use one’s own initiative
The ability to:
- make decisions
- communicate effectively at all levels
- be selfmotivated/driven, take responsibility and have a sense of pride in one’s work
- work independently, as well as be a team player
- pay attention to detail
- remain focused and flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances
- create a shared vision and to positively influence others to make decisions
- A strong customerorientation
- A minimum of 23 years previous experience in product & store planning within a clothing retail environment is an important requirement.
- Experience working in planning systems such as Enterprise Planning, Allocation Planning and/or Just Enough is preferred
- The following additional experience would be an advantage:
- Experience in replenishment and assortment planning
- Previous store management experience
- Previous exposure to general logistics and supply chain processes
- A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages (Word & Excel) is essential. Experience in working at an advanced level in Excel would be a definite advantage.
- A Grade 12 certificate is an essential requirement.
- A qualification would be a definite advantage and is preferred.
If you fulfil the above requirements, please submit your updated CV and please include the answers to the following questions below:
- What interests you about this position?
- Do you have experience working in Planning Systems such as Enterprise Planning, Location Planning and Assortment Planning?
- Elaborate on your relevant experience in analysis of information and data management?
- Elaborate on your experience in Planning, specifically within Retail
- Rate your MS Excel proficiency – Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced
- What is your notice period?
If you have not been contacted within a two-week period, please consider your application as unsuccessful.