A large national clothing retailer has an exciting new vacancy for a CAD Designer at their offices in Cape Town. This role is responsible for designing and creating new CAD designs or revising international designs for commercial use within both the ladies and men’s areas and will work closely with the buyers within the respective portfolio’s.
The successful applicant must have previous experience as Cad artist/designer within a fashion retail environment. Inherent minimum requirements (skills & knowledge):
- Minimum of 35 years’ experience in clothing design as cad artist/designer: with proven experience in Apparel.
- Relevant Degree (e.g. Fine Arts/Design) or Diploma (e.g. Art/Fashion/Clothing design)
- Computer Literacy (MS Office); Adobe Photoshop proficiency will be an advantage
- Creative with an eye for detail, Analytical and systematic, Passionate about fashion
- High energy level and is performancedriven and deadline-orientated
- Excellent planning, organizing and time management skills
- Ability to remain flexible, function under pressure and maintain a positive attitude and work performance in a variety of circumstances
- Ability to multitask and to deal with complexities, use initiative to solve problems
- Ability to work independently, as well as be a team player, strong interpersonal skills
- Sound communication and negotiation skills and must be honest and ethical in everything they do
Key duties and responsibilities:
- To design outerwear to support the merchandise strategy for the relevant portfolio’s
- Ensure all designs and reworks are in line with the brand positioning.
- Produce clear specs and grading for suppliers, quality assurances and buyers to work with
- Execute in accordance with the merchandise seasonal plan