Buyer (Fabric & Trims)
The Fabric and Trim Buyer will work closely with Design, Production and Product Merchandising to realise the creative vision for each collection each season. As Fabric and Trim buyer you will be involved in all aspects of research and development, working closely with internal and external partners.
- Seasonal research, development and presentation to designers of new concepts in all fabric and trim materials
- Being cross functional with all departments internally and to manage communication with suppliers
- Accountable for maintaining all data, pricing and testing of fabric and trims and ensuring accurate update of internal systems
- Adhere to and manage the Critical Path to ensure timely delivery of fabric, trims and components
- Responsible for monitoring spend, keeping inline with the budget and tracking excess fabric and trim value and stock quantities
- Sourcing: Assist the sourcing team in the execution of supply chain strategy and coordination of the department. To make sure vendors receive all raw materials and trims on time to enable to meet deliveries.
- Ensuring all colour standards and samples are sent to suppliers allowing to us to receive their developments on time in keeping with the critical path.
- Establishing that bulk fabric that arrives for approval is the correct fabric weight as requested.
- Manage import and export activities, including shipping documents preparation, scheduling forwarders and contacting customs brokerages.
- Be able to attend all major fabrics shows and fabric and trim suppliers if requested to do so
- Negotiate best prices against list price/ last year price
- Negotiate discounts/ claims where necessary
- Work closely with the test laboratory and internal technical team ensuring fabrics are up to specification
- Where required ensure fabrics are tested and wearer trialled
- Ensuring on time delivery of bulk fabric and trims in line with the critical path
- Ensuring all components are fit for purpose and tested, advising wash care required.
- Fabric and Trims Stock Management at suppliers and factories
- Fashion / textiles or related degree (or equivalent) an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication; English essential, plus Chinese an advantage.
- Experience of Sync systems an advantage
- Raw Material Trim development experience working at a relevant level
- Knowledge of production techniques, commercial pricing and testing standards.
- Proven effective relationship management with Design, Production and Product Merch teams and Raw Material Trim suppliers.
- Confidence using all programmes in the Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, Word
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise and problem solve
- Ability to handle a fast pace, high level of pressure and meet deadlines essential.
- Collaborative and flexible approach with the ability to communicate with all levels of the business