Buyer – Homeware and Textiles
This role is to grow textile range and customer base.
Preference will be given to disabled candidates.
South African citizens to apply.
- Achieve financial targets
- Drive textile products creatively and innovatively in product range
- Achieve technical application of product
- Effectively utilize systems and processes
- Display sound trader instinct
- Display sound reasoning/influencing skills
- A minimum of 3 years buying experience in a retail and/or eCommerce environment
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- A proven solid track record in buying
- Experience in foreign sourcing of product
- Fashionforward sensibility and ability to identify and capitalize on current trends
- Proven negotiation skills and experience with supplier management
- A clear understanding of the retail cycle and buying process
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of SA’s textile market, customers and competitors
- Advanced level in MS Office package – with a specific focus on Excel and PowerPoint