Tekkie Town CAD Operator
An exciting opportunity has become available at Tekkie Town Head Office, for an experienced CAD Operator.
Our team is looking for a creative, confident, positive and well-organized CAD operator to provide design support and planning assistance.
Inherent minimum requirements (skills & knowledge):
- A Grade 12 Certificate/Matric.
- N4 or N5 in building draughting or an AUTO 3D CAD Course.
- 5 years' experience as a Store Designer/Planner in an architectural environment.
- Store operation experience would be Advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles of budgeting.
- Sound knowledge of the relevant legislation applicable to certification of electrical compliance, all specification and architectural minimum standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of the company policies and procedures applicable to the specific work environment to ensure that work outcomes are compliant to the policies and procedures.
- A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook).
- Experience in using 3D CAD and/or Revit.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare Draughts and Plans of stores
- Receive a footprint from Properties Team to develop and design a store.
- Communicate the measurements effectively.
- Contact property and project manager to confirm measurements and layout (large space, pillars, windows etc.).
- Make contact with tenant coordinators and architects to confirm electrical and plumbing infrastructure.
- Finalise the fixture layout and send out confirmation plan of the footprint to Pepkor property manager, tenant coordinator and architect for confirmation of the actual footprint.
- Arrange the signing of approvals by landlords and tenant coordinators.
- Design the interior fixture and fitting layout of the store.
- Circulate information to the operations manager, communications team and visual layout manager for approval.
- Submit plan to department head for costing purposes.
- Confirm signage, placement, typeface and signage of the corporate identification.
- Arrange with electrician for certificate of compliance for issue to the landlord.
- Design the layout of lighting of store / electrical diagram and submit to tenant coordinators, architect and electrician.
- Obtain council approvals.
- Utilise the CAD and excel system to do diagrams.
- Ensure that the manager is notified of all changes and revisions to existing project plans as and when they occur.
- Liaise with External Property Team:
- Confirm footprint for existing or nonexistent buildings.
- Liaise with teams in writing (letters and email) and telephonically to continuously track the progress of the project until finalisation.
- Update the manager continuously as to the progress of the project.
- Provide daily progress reports in writing.
Liaise with Project Manager (Internal):
- Prepare a project management file (blue file) with all information in writing in respect of the store at that stage.
- Liaise with project manager and give support and troubleshoot/problem solve as and when needed, whilst the project manager is on site.
- Liaise with the operations team, communications and visual coordinator.
- Continuously in respect of store layout and design.
- Maintain the blue file with relevant updated information obtained from the architect.
- Ensure that corporate specifications are in order and aligned to the corporate image.
- Ensure that all sketches are filed and that the final plan is filed separately for reference purposes.