Sewing Machine Technician
- To effectively assist the Mechanical Manager with the management and control of The Workshop, to maintain maintenance systems and procedures according to production requirements, in order to maximize the production efficiency, and to improve the quality standards in general.
- The Sewing Machine Technician (Workshops) is accountable for effectively carrying out all duties and functions as set out in this job description.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Sewing Machine Technician (Workshops) is particularly responsible for:
- Effectively carry out all duties and functions as set out in the job description
- Preventative maintenance
- Minimize machine down time by responding to production supervisor’s request punctually
- Attend to machine breakdown board before preventative maintenance carried out on other machines.
- Report any machine breakdown that cannot be repaired within 15 minutes.
- Report machines moved to workshop for repairs
- Adhere to the scheduling preventative maintenance procedure prescribed in the Maintenance System Machine settings.
- Maintain machinery/plant and ensure in good state of repair
- Maintain safe, accident free environment and high standard of housekeeping in and around workshop
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Minimum 5 years Sewing Machine repair experience on the following sewing machines:
- Single needle lock stitch
- Double needle lock stitch
- Double needle chain stitch
- Double needle cover stitch
- Five thread overlock safety stitch
- Three thread overlock
- Multi needle chain stitch
- Feed Of Arm the machine
- Button Sew
- Button Hole lockstitch
- Button Hole chain stitch
- Press Stud
- Barrel hem/Groove stitch
- CITB certificate
- Computer literacy
- Supervisory skills will be an added advantage
- Experience on the following Automated Sewing Machines will be an added advantage:
- Automatic pocket setter, Pocket hem, Bottom Hem, Design stitch label, Velcro Attach, Jstitch, Loop attach, Lecra cutter/spreader and spreading table and Eastman hand cutter
Key Performance Indicators:
- Sewing machine repair and maintenance on line and off line
- General maintenance of equipment
- Safety and Housekeeping
- Assist production to achieve On Time In Full