Dynamic & Innovative clothing retail business with a fast moving, fast growing & collaborative culture. To assist the buying team by using and implementing technical, creative and hands on experience/knowledge to build successful boy’s & menswear ranges to be sold in retail stores. This position requires an individual who is well versed in the Product Development Process from start to finish.
- Maintain excellent reputation of quality and fit of styles.
- Sourcing fabrics (requires international travel)
- Sound garment construction knowledge and implementation. I.e. – sizing, fitting & testing of preproduction garments
- Approval of styles from proto – type to delivery of finished garments into stores.
- Quality control, recognizing product faults, and the process followed to rectify.
- Identify new and relevant fashion trends.
- Sourcing, Meeting and Corresponding with local & international suppliers. (may require travel)
- Ensure production of all goods remains within budget
- Ability to create CAD drawings of existing styles
- Any relevant tertiary qualification – advantageous
- Computer literacy – MS Office
- Min 10 years’ experience in a similar position
- Proactive & Flexible
- Responsible & Reliable
- Ability to travel
- Able to work closely with the directors and communicate at all levels.