We have a great opportunity for someone with passion and desire to make a difference in clothing manufacturing to join us as an Industrial Engineer. This is the perfect role for someone wishing to challenge their expertise by helping to develop the industry on a new continent. The Industrial Engineer will report directly to the Senior Technical Manager based in Benin and work closely with the EAA team in relation to Product Development and Social Compliance management.
The Industrial Engineer is responsible to ensure that all EAA production is managed correctly throughout the factory, that production lines are engineered to deliver quality production to EAA and client’s quality standards. The individual will be responsible to develop and ensure all EAA SOP’s are in place while at the same time developing the Factory’s local management team .
- Work with the Senior Technical manager to complete risk assessment for each proposed product ahead of sampling
- At sampling stage work with the factory to create the operations list including Standard Minute Values for the costings
- Follow samples and ensure they are made to correct specification and delivered on time.
- Suggest product engineering solutions to improve efficiency and quality standards
- Complete product risk assessment to input into the pre production meetings
- Attend and Lead ( when required ) Pre Production meetings ensuring all the team understand their roles and responsibilities.
- Confirm SMV’s with Senior Technical Manager and with Local Factory Team.
- Support the EAA Account teams regarding fabric wash testing and product test reports and ensure all corrective action plans are followed to meet clients requirements.
- Set lines according to Tech pack and style tools.
- Ensure production lines have In-line and End-line Quality Operations in place.
- Ensure machines are set up to produce correct quality.
- Ensure daily/weekly operator targets are in place and monitor with local team the performance in line with agreed efficiency targets.
- Train and develop local management to ensure all daily production/quality reports are made and delivered on time.
- Take time studies when required.
- Work closely with EAA team to manage Critical Path and ensure timely delivery of the plan.
- Attend post production meetings with the EAA team and factories to identify success and learnings.
- Update the EAA system with all production reports, AQL reporting and post production reviews.
Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Apply attention to detail ensuring Quality Standards are met.
- Perform daily in-line quality “SPOT” checking to ensure production is to the correct specification so we have no surprises
- Support AQL’s on completed orders with Senior Technical Manager and Pass/Fail as per the Agreed 2.5 AQL.
- Develop relationship with Factory Owners and ensure we develop their local teams.
- Continuously train and coach in line/end line workers as well as machinist with proper inspection techniques to sustainably reach international standards of excellence.
- Support the Social Impact team to help factories improve towards social compliance
Qualifications, skills, and attributes required
- Fluent in French and English.
- Industrial Engineering Qualification (minimum 3 years’ Factory experience)
- Hand-On experience in Production Lines.
- Experience of Quality procedures, DHU , AQL.
- Experience of dealing with Western brands from the USA and Europe
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to a variety of audiences (workers, managers, clients).
- Ability to work effectively across cultures, experience of working with factories in Africa is a plus.
- Strong organizational and good time management skills.
- Ability to keep an organized inbox for email management and respect good documentation practices.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite required.
- Annual flight allowance
- Accommodation and transportation
- Health and repatriation insurance
- 25 days of annual leave plus Benin national holidays
- 5 day working week
- Opportunity to play a critical role in the growth of an award-winning, dynamic, and mission driven company
- Salary level dependent on candidate experience and profile
How to apply
- This position will start ASAP
- As applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, kindly send a resume and a separate and specific cover letter for this position to email@example.com, using the reference “INDUSTRIAL ENGINEER BENIN” as the subject of your email.
- Only complete applications with accurate reference will be considered and only the most qualified candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
More information on www.ethicalapparelafrica.com