Acting as the Brand custodian, the Brand Manager’s primary responsibility is to buy or develop product and to provide a balanced product range and assortment of merchandise in line with the company strategy.
You will also be responsible for building and fostering a close relationship with the Brand Principal and will be directly accountable for the effective leadership and profitable management of the brand.
Working closely with the Buyers, Planners and Production team.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for driving the brand strategy so as to achieve a financial performance in line with Brand positioning and agreed objectives.
- Responsible for leading full buying process for the brand including range architecture and development, design, production and procurement of seasonal product ranges.
- Build and develop professional relationships with manufacturers & suppliers and leading price negotiations with these providers (based locally and overseas).
- Coordinate planning and budgeting incl. post seasonal analysis, market feedback, trend analysis & retail shopping lists.
- Collaborate with Planning to agree sales plan, profitability targets and pricing architecture.
- Collaborate with Marketing to effectively develop and execute the brand marketing strategy.
- Build and develop professional relationships with the Brand Principal, key customers & accounts.
- Ensure the range satisfies both the wholesale and retail strategies and provide input to both these channels.
- Collaborate with Retail Operations to coordinate seasonal retail & wholesale VM strategy and to successfully implement all VM guidelines in line with Brand standards.
- Guide & influence all Brand DNA experiences in both retail and wholesale channels.
Education and Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Buying, Product Development or Brand Management.
- 58 years’ experience in a Brand / Buying Management capacity.
- Experience in a Fashion/Retail environment advantageous.
- Experience in having travelled to the East and managed supplier negotiations.
- Knowledge and understanding of garment construction and design.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Good problemsolving skills and a creative approach for new ideas
- High level of organisation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to travel extensively