Online Stock Room Controller
Fashion industry - clothing and apparel, well established company, leader in industry.
- Assists in the management of a Distribution Centre, reporting directly to Distribution Centre Management.
- Responsible and accountable for overseeing a team of staff members within a specific a section of the Distribution Centre (i.e. Receiving, Inventory, VAS, online setup etc.).
- Makes optimum use of the facilities available by planning storage areas, considering the quantities, turnover, size, weight and related factors of the merchandise items that are being stored.
- Optimally deploys and manages the staff members to achieve the business standards such as turnaround times, customer requirements and due dates.
- Guides and instructs the employees on the care and preservation of the merchandise items received, stored and processed. This includes guiding the staff members in terms of the methods to be utilisedas well as the use of the equipment used in the handling, storing, maintaining and processing of stock. Identification and addressing related problems. Implementation of effective controls and the elimination stock losses. Gathers and reviews data and records relating to the activities within the specific section of the Distribution Centre. This is to ensure that the business targets and standards are met and that there are and compliance with established procedures. Identifies exceptions and deviations from the accepted standards and takes corrective action as may be required.
Mandatory: Grade 12(Matric)
Desired: Tertiary Qualification in Supply Chain Distribution Centre Environment
At least 2 to 5 years as a Team Leader/Supervisor in a complex Distribution Centre environment.
Online distribution experience ess.
- Sound Computer Literacy (MS Office, WMS, ERP,)
- Supervisory Skills
- Performance Management Skills.
- Communication (verbal and Written communication)
- Work output analysis and Reporting
- Distribution Centre processes
- Business Management (planning, Leadership, Organising and Control)
- Distribution Centre rules, Standards, Processes and Procedures
- Customer requirements
- All Health and Safety Requirements