Junior Editor – Celebrity/News Photo Business
Picsell Media is looking for efficient and motivated people with excellent English skills and an interest in the media to join its busy team in the Cape Town office. We add captions and keywords to images for use by the likes of the Daily Mail Online and E News.
The job involves a potential mix of:
- Correcting and editing captions, keywords and metadata
- Editing, cropping, lightening and colourcorrecting images
- Adding keywords, including fashion terms, editing image sets from celebrity photo and news agencies
- Meeting deadlines and coping with a fastpaced work environment
- Celebrity/news work is carried out over two eighhour shifts (morning and afternoon/evening) across the seven days (including weekends).
Tell us why you want to work at Picsell Media in your cover letter. Before applying, be sure to visit our web site http://www.picsellmedia.com/jobs/ to find out what we're about.
- Applicants must be 'words' people, quick to learn, with impeccable spelling and grammar, a good work ethic, and the ability to multitask. Interest in celebrities and fashion is useful.
- The role is not suited to people who are primarily photographers, videographers or graphic designers.
- Experience in the media or photo libraries (although this doesn’t have to be extensive) is useful but not required. Qualifications in communications, journalism, media, library, languages, history or art history is a must.