Designer - Lingerie/Sleepwear - South Africa
To design commercial, beautiful product that meets and exceeds customer expectations and drives sales
- Build partnerships with buying, planning, and sourcing and technology and work in an integrated way to optimise the design capability.
- Develop concepts, storyboard, sketches and drawings of new designs to be considered within the groups in line with the design direction.
- Develop fabric design using the CAD tool.
- Conduct fabric workshops.
- Review fabric and material options for the season.
- Conduct final fabric review to sign-off fabric selection for the season.
- Determine colours for the season aligned to overall trend colour palette presented.
- Review and approve seasonal colour lab dips in line with agreed seasonal colour direction.
- Develop seasonal colour boards.
- Conduct inspirational shopping.
- Identify trial opportunities in current season for future season.
- Develop design direction in prototype sample or CAD/photo sample form and present for sign off.
- Approve and sign-off on design direction and proposed continuity items in a season.
- Develop product spec pack/tech pack.
- Brief ideas, sketches and initial sample requests and costing sheets to relevant suppliers in line with sourcing strategy.
- Determine product specifications/tech pack for continuity and selected items dependent upon supplier capability.
- Develop design brief.
- Present season, including styles, looks, themes and fabrics.
- Present season, continuity and selected items, opportunities in line with strategy and design direction.
- Review and approve design brief samples and agree continuity items, volume input and input items for the season.
- Manage on time delivery of the merchandising cycle.
- Develop, motivate, inspire and lead the design assistant and provide ongoing feedback to enhance performance and deliver the seasonal product direction.
Technical and functional competencies
- Relevant design diploma/degree.
- Two to five years' commercial/design experience.
- Deep retail skill and understanding, both local and global.
- Merchant and retail ability.
- Product knowledge.
- Creativity, taste level and flair in line with the brand.
- Ability to sketch.
- Trend analysis and editing skills.
- Ability to predict trends.
- Process thinking skills.
- Ability to work in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Passion for product/merchandise.
- Interpersonal skills – ability to work with diverse groups of people.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Team player – service orientated.
- Delivering high performance.
- Driving quality.
- Planning and organising.
Posted on 30 Nov 14:39
- Create your CV once, and thereafter you can apply to this ad and future job ads easily.