EY's people in more than 140 countries are committed to operating with integrity, quality and professionalism in the provision of audit, tax and transaction advisory services. We strive to help all of our people achieve their professional and personal goals through an inclusive environment that values everyone's contributions, appreciates diversity of thought, fosters growth, and provides continuous opportunities for development. Recognized as one of South Africa’s top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work.
The Events Coordinator is responsible for the planning, coordination and execution of events and conferences for a particular industry and/or functional practice as well as all logistical matters associated with a successful program. Events may include large signature corporate events, EOY, roundtables and alumni relations activities.
- Conceptualises and participates in the planning, development and execution of event initiatives for respective industry, function and/or area accounts practice to support the goto-market strategy.
- Supports all logistical matters related to a successful event including onsite assistance, rooming list management, banquets, speakers, gifts, giveaways, offsite coordination needs, mailing lists and communications, and tracking follow-up activities to measure results of the event.
- Tracks contracts and monitors the procurement process.
- May work on smaller events or support largescale programs.
- The incumbent demonstrates an understanding and application of principles and practices of event coordination. Duties are generally varied and of moderate complexity.
- Collaboration within Brand, Marketing and Communication team with specifically PR, Digital and Marketing teams in order to fully leverage the event.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Approximately 3 – 5 years of experience
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and work on more than one event at a time.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Background in marketing a benefit
Who we are:
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
Please note: Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals