Junior Graphic Designer
SPARK Schools is a network of affordable private schools implementing Africa’s first blended learning model for primary school students in South Africa. SPARK Schools provide transformational education innovation through our blended learning model, which elevates student achievement and provides the tools teachers need to serve their students effectively.
The blended learning model, which combines classroom teaching and online instruction, allows teachers to anticipate student needs and equips schools to provide personalised education at an affordable cost. SPARK Schools is pioneering this transformative education model to ensure the accessibility of university and careers for all.
SPARK Schools is a high growth, mission and values driven and highly entrepreneurial organisation; and is looking for dynamic people to join our team.
Reports To: Marketing Officer
Purpose of Role
The purpose of the Junior Graphic designer is to create professional content and graphics for internal and external use. To ensure all marketing material is in line with corporate identity guidelines.
- Relevant diploma or degree
- Two to four years working experience
- Ability to meet tight time restrictive deadlines
- Manage your own workflow as well as work within a fastpaced team
- Efficient use of Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Wordpress
- Strong conceptual design
- Motivation and drive
Essential technical knowledge of:
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe InDesign CC
Essential experience in:
- Creative Conceptualisation & Art Direction
- Print Design and Layout
- Managing Wordpress themes and frontend design
The following skills would be advantageous to have:
- 3D Modelling and animation (Cinema 4D)
- Video Editing (Premier Pro)
- Video Compositing (After Effects)
- UX/UI Design
- Social Media Advertising
- Grit: Persistence through challenges.
- Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
- Mission and Vision Alignment: Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent education at an affordable cost.
- Self Reflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
- Values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Position Type: Full Time