Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
Founded in 2012, Jumia's mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience through a wide range of products categories including mobiles & tablets, computers, electronics, home & living, fashion, sports, health & beauty, grocery and others.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Jumia steps in.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Main Responsibilities :
- Daily healthcheck and maintenance of the website and app to ensure quality and user experience
- Drive the optimization of overall Conversion Rate and key Onsite KPIs across all devices and Onsite channels desktop, mobile and app
- Constant optimization of revenues and ensure outstanding quality of the content across devices
- Owning the website front end from AZ and Eye for small details, everything on website is your responsibility
- Work with other teams (graphics, marketing, catmans etc.) across the company and coordinate and filter onsite requests, as well as manage onsite capacity.
- Generate and share weekly report with Merchandising team to include actionable takeaways, risks and opportunities from a trend, financial and brand perspective
- Monitor, analyse, optimize and report on performance of campaigns and key learnings to maximize results
- Be a source of innovative ideas; Improve landing pages/campaign designs and performance and give feedback
- Weekly campaign planning and monitoring for efficient emerchandising: challenge product assortment, catalogue structure and navigation, and optimize user experience to maximize sales
- Be up to date with industry leading design software and technologies (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc)
- Team work and knowledge sharing between Jumia countries
Required Skills & Qualifications :
- Ability to work harmoniously with a crossfunctional team of category managers, marketing professionals, design teams and others to create a world-class customer experience
- Sales mentality and proactive thinker who can translate corporate product management strategy into an online experience
- Ability to prioritize work, understand and follow processes especially in times of changes, and utilize available resources.
- Ability to manage multiple campaigns/projects, including prioritization, planning and execution
- Strong and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency and good working knowledge of CSS, HTML, Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and design software and technologies (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc) is a plus
- Ability to multitask and reprioritize in a dynamic environment
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills; as well as ability to work and deliver under pressure, and within tight deadlines
- ECommerce and business acumen
- Highly proficient in all design aspects, as well as attention to details and prioritise design workflow
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
- Graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
We Offer :
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sectorThe opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longerterm objective is to train the next generation of leaders
- 12 years