Production Manager – Cape Town
The Production Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day production within the factoryand beresponsible for the effective planning and scheduling of personnel and equipment to minimize bottlenecks and problems.
The Production Manager is accountable for meeting the department production and quality goals, as well as playing a key role in meeting the companywide profitability and customer satisfaction goals. Technical knowledge of tailored garments essential.
General and Administration:
· Maintain a professional appearance that reflects the company’s commitment to quality and respect for individuals.
· Supervise the Production Team to produce and prioritize jobs and reorganize when necessary to meet deadline changes and updates.
· Comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
· Communicate effectively with all relevant parties informing and updating them regularly on production.
· Follow systems and procedures outlined and ensure all company policies and procedures are followed.
· Meet all assigned goals and assist others to do similarly.
· Meet all commitments to customers through the production of timely, efficient and high quality products and service.
· Open factory,switch boilers on, set alarm.
· Maintain entry order discipline.
· Update and maintain production schedule.
· Organize workflow according to workload to meet delivery schedule.
· Schedule and plan morning meetings.
· Oversee staff scheduling, time off requests, absenteeism and overtime and attendance.
· Monitor quality, accuracy and timelines of all orders to ensure customer commitments are met through production of high quality that meet customers’ delivery expectations.
· Ensure the completion of all duties with a minimum of waste and abuse to equipment.
· Capacity Planning- Delivery dates etc.
· Production line planning- allocation of styles to specific lines.
· Reporting- quality reports, production report.
· Initiate hiring when needed with the directors.
· Provide a positive motivating example for employees.
· Initiate disciplinary measures according to company policy.
· Ensure that payroll documents get handed in on time and in the correct manner.
· Technical Training for supervisors.
· All Industrial relations.
- Take all necessary actions to manage production costs and improve profitability.
- Ensure inventories are conducted and accurate records are maintained.
- Minimum five years hands on production experience in a clothing production environment.
- Clothing Production Management Diploma.