To be responsible for interpreting all creative briefs, workflow and implementation of graphic design, motion graphic design, merchandising design and online design. To develop and proactively initiate creative ideas, concepts and projects, choosing the appropriate media and style and further executing with technical excellence and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines. To provide maintenance and new designs to existing sites, troubleshooting and working on internal and external projects. The incumbent will be responsible for the visual aspects of all brand projects and working with both internal and external clients, conversion and design.
Major accountabilities – Key Performance Areas
The creation of all graphic and motion graphic designs for all projects within the company, including but not limited to digital collateral, other collateral, web design, merchandising, presentations and presentation elements, reports and event imagery.
Key performance indicators
Performance will only be satisfactory when the following KPI’s are achieved:
- To ensure that all designs are completed within set deadlines.
- Ensuring attention to detail and immaculate quality work is provided.
- Interpretations of all briefs received internally and externally from clients.
- Creation and presentation of all designs and merchandising, the designer is also responsible for sourcing cost effective quotes and best suppliers.
- Responsible for the upkeep (design) and maintenance of all email banners and/or other domains that include brand imagery.
- The designer is expected to be oncall 24/7 pending business requirements.
- Create at least three to five designs per project.
- Provide creative guidance and propose creative ideas around imagery as and when required.
- Assist with all sales/marketing presentation template designs.
- Responsible for all administrative duties that may be required.
- Provide weekly progress reports on all active jobs/ projects and/or task.
- Manage and ensure that all station brand design is within CI both internally and externally.
- Provide and manage all graphics/imagery requested by external parties and use thereof.
- Perform any other reasonable task as assigned by your reporting manager.
- Relevant design qualification, preferably threefour year degree or equivalent.
- Required a minimum of two years’ experience as a graphic designer.
- Packaging and online design experience are essential.
- Portfolio of work is required.
Specific professional competencies:
- Excellent portfolio demonstrating sound knowledge of digital design and campaign execution.
- Exceptional knowledge of HTML, Adobe creative suites (which include Illustrator, Photoshop and Final Cut Pro X and/or Premiere Pro) and CSS.
- Knowledge of and experience using tools for this purpose, including Facebook Pages Manager and/or Hootsuite and/or Sprout Social and/or Agorapulse or similar.
- Solid understanding of UI and UX.
- Keep abreast with best practices, latest trends in design and how apply to various company needs.
- Mobile orientated experience and social media development.
- Utilise knowledge of best practices for social media to develop designs and manage all of the station’s media platforms and imagery.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- Must have own reliable transportation.
- Must be available 24/7 –pending business requirements.
- Indepth knowledge of design specs for Twitter, Facebook and Instagram platforms, including business publisher capabilities, website and/or other.
- Proofreading skills.
- Understanding of integrated advertising campaign strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and shift priorities as organisational demands required.
- Photography and video skills would be an advantage.
- Ability to work as a team player.