Retail Buyer Mens/Womens Wear
A great opportunity in the apparel industry!
Our client in Durban is expanding their Buying Teams and is seeking an experienced Men’s Wear or Women’s Wear Buyer.
Apparel buying experience is not negotiable. The ideal candidate will also have experience in garment manufacturing or construction.
- Accountable for building balanced assortment and negotiating best prices
- Research trends
- Executing a competitive range in line with seasonal trends according to purchasing – strategy
- Work closely with merchandise planner to optimise sellthrough
- Margin targets
- Ensure merchandise standards are executed at store level
- Build supplier relationships and identify new suppliers, in line with company requirements
- Ensure optimal supply
- Analysis and interpretation of data to drive purchasing decisions
- Monitor stock, sales and margin and ensure KPI’s are met
- Matric + Degree or Diploma in Fashion/Textiles/Procurement
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Technical knowledge of garment construction
- Ability to research trends
- Very strong negotiation skills
- Highly adaptable and quick to respond
- Able to work under pressure
- Strategic insight
- Passion for retail