Key Account Manager – Corporate Clothing and Branding
The Key Account Manager is responsible for managing selected key accounts, target potential key accounts, maintaining a long term relationship with accounts and maximizing sales opportunities within them. The main objective is to provide overall day-to-day customer service and building strong relationships with strategic customers, while expanding to potential key accounts. The goal is to contribute in sustaining and growing our business to achieve long-term success with key customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives.
- Work closely with the key account administrator to best meet the customer needs.
- Playing an integral role in new business pitches and hold responsibility for the effective onboarding of new clients as well as generating new sales that will turn into long-lasting relationships.
- Focusing on growing and developing the selected key accounts, together with generating new business.
- Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner.
- Serve as the link of communication between key customers and internal teams.
- Develop strategies and demonstrate problemsolving abilities to address client issues so as to maintain trust.
- Handling a high volume of customer enquiries whilst providing a high quality of service to each key account via phone, email and or in writing.
- Tracking and checking all sales orders to ensure that they are scheduled and sent out on time.
- Liaise with line manager and key account team members to achieve goals and targets.
- Placing contracts and liaising with suppliers.
- Identify, strategically target and develop potential key account into key accounts.
- Creative Business Development: As a Key Account Manager you must develop unique ways to grow the business with your customer and provide solutions to management in the face of challenges. If you do what you have always done, you will always get what you have already achieved!
- Thorough Business Planning: You will be managing a complex and valuable group of strategic accounts. Planning is key if you are to execute flawlessly and achieve your business plans. You must search for opportunities at your customer and build a plan to convince them to “win” with offerings. You also must be aware of potential setbacks to the plan and develop contingencies to overcome them.
- Strong Customer Relationships: Our customers are our brand ambassadors. Without them our business model falls flat. Managing the relationship between our company and the customer is a big responsibility. The links that you build and the actions you take will determine our success today and in the future. Treat your customers as partners and challenge them to grow their business with our brands.
- InDepth Product / Brand Knowledge: Our Company’s brand should be at the heart of everything that you do as a KAM. Our brands, suppliers and customers are our company’s biggest assets; you should have intimate knowledge of their values and positioning. You will be representing brands every day and how you approach your role should be inline with the values of our brand.
- Grade 12.
- Drivers Licence and own vehicle.
- Proven experience as key account manager.
- Must have previous Corporate Clothing and Branding sales experience and a proven ability to achieve sales targets.
- Experience in sales and providing solutions based on customer needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with aptitude in building relationships with professionals of all organizational levels.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability in problemsolving and negotiation.
- A team player with high level of dedication.
- Identify Key Account potential and opportunities within the organization industry.
- Excellent presentation skills.